• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie T still hasn't gotten Holtz out of this team yet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Taggart owns that loss. If the players aren't up to the task then he better get new ones. There was a lack of fire and energy from the get go.

The only thing I will point out about skip is that BJ Daniels covered up a lot of awfulness the last couple seasons. Skip was 0-5 without BJ starting and 1-1 where BJ started but did not finish. This offense does not have the backs or quarterback to make it work.

So what are the driving directions to get to the New D-1 Football Player store? I'm sure Tags would want to know.

QB was rectified to an extent yesterday. Our defense is responsible for most of our troubles.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Taggart owns that loss. If the players aren't up to the task then he better get new ones. There was a lack of fire and energy from the get go.

The only thing I will point out about skip is that BJ Daniels covered up a lot of awfulness the last couple seasons. Skip was 0-5 without BJ starting and 1-1 where BJ started but did not finish. This offense does not have the backs or quarterback to make it work.

So what are the driving directions to get to the New D-1 Football Player store? I'm sure Tags would want to know.

QB was rectified to an extent yesterday. Our defense is responsible for most of our troubles.

New players? Won't be a 1 year solution. We'll see younger players get more and more time.

Eveld is not the solution. To the extent he was effective it had as much to do with mcneese being up 30 and going soft on D.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I guess you guys missed all the games that the team COMPETED.  That team last night did not compete.  That team last night gave up, and in a hurry.

No way you can tell me the team played harder last night than it did the last three years.

I hope CWT can turn things around, because this is far, far worse than a team losing games in the last second like we've had the last two years.  This team is completely rudderless.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I guess you guys missed all the games that the team COMPETED.  That team last night did not compete.  That team last night gave up, and in a hurry.

No way you can tell me the team played harder last night than it did the last three years.

I hope CWT can turn things around, because this is far, far worse than a team losing games in the last second like we've had the last two years.  This team is completely rudderless.

I'm guessing you didn't realize we lost a bunch of starters and key players from last year at very important positions where we are young, inexperienced and lack depth....

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Like most everyone else I was sickened by what happened yesterday, but now is where we can see just what kind of a team and coach we have.  This was the first game.  I look at it as ground zero, the starting point of what we have become.  The season still has time for redemption.

I am sure that coach T and his entire staff have been hard at work trying to make sure a similar result doesn't happen in the future.   Now they know from actual game situation more of what we have and the job needed to fix it.  I don't expect a win at Michigan State, but I do expect to see an entirely different attitude among the players.  I don't bet on sports but I would pick USF or the under on next week's game if there is a gigantic spread in State's favor.

Go Bulls!

I'm guessing you didn't realize we lost a bunch of starters and key players from last year at very important positions where we are young, inexperienced and lack depth....

In the defense front seven?

We lost imo our best DL in Grissom, 2 LB's and both starting CB's. We also didn't have Forte last night.

Lynch hasn't played since 2011. Giddins is still coming back from injury. No Forte. Outside of them the only experienced DE is Mims and he played pretty good. Our DT's should have played better. We only have 1 LB who is experienced. We have 2 new starting corners, both who have almost no game experience.

We lost imo our best DL in Grissom, 2 LB's and both starting CB's. We also didn't have Forte last night.

Lynch hasn't played since 2011. Giddins is still coming back from injury. No Forte. Outside of them the only experienced DE is Mims and he played pretty good. Our DT's should have played better. We only have 1 LB who is experienced. We have 2 new starting corners, both who have almost no game experience.

You do know we were playing McNeese St, right?  

It isn't horrific that we lost.  Things happen.  Six FCS schools won this weekend.  But to get pounded by their running game the way we did is incomprehensible.

You do know we were playing McNeese St, right?  

It isn't horrific that we lost.  Things happen.  Six FCS schools won this weekend.  But to get pounded by their running game the way we did is incomprehensible.

So because it's McNeese St, an FCS school, they don't have any talented players, don't know how to play football and we can shoot ourselves in the foot all night and stll expect to win by 100? Ok, got it.

We played like ****, and they took advantage of us screwing up. That's football. Idc if they are D3 school, you can't play that bad and expect to win. Just because they are an FCS school doesn't mean they have no clue how to play football, aren't talented, or match us in size and speed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

USF has never been able to stop the run effectively. The only time we have been able to do that was against the spread offense type teams. It was the downfall of every JL run team. We had so much speed but no size.