• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on the uni's for McNeese?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

I saw a pic with the white helmet

USF Football â€@USFFootball Getting ready for the first season of the American. Decals going on the Bulls helmets. #USF #CoachTsBus pic.twitter.com/vJPwwcqViK

I wouldn't read too much into it. USF Equipment twitter posted pictures with the green and white helmets getting the new decals

There are two constants on this board:

1.  The uniform topic prior to a game.

2.  The meltdown after the game.

3. OCS

4. Realignment 

I love all four of those things.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Back when we wore Nike, the sideline gear (polos, hats) were all Michigan State blanks. Jim Leavitt always loved the green being as dark as possible. During our relatively short run of Nike gear, our green got a lot lighter, because Nike wouldn't make the shade of green coach Leavitt wanted and we got Michigan State green instead.

I don't believe this to be true.  I have a coaches shirt, from the closet, that was from Nike era and it is a dark green.  My favorite polo for lucky golf days.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I saw a pic with the white helmet

USF Football â€@USFFootball Getting ready for the first season of the American. Decals going on the Bulls helmets. #USF #CoachTsBus pic.twitter.com/vJPwwcqViK

I wouldn't read too much into it. USF Equipment twitter posted pictures with the green and white helmets getting the new decals

There are two constants on this board:

1.  The uniform topic prior to a game.

2.  The meltdown after the game.

3. OCS

4. Realignment 

I love all four of those things.

What? OMG, we are changing our uniforms when we go to the ACC or SEC?  Will the match the new stadium seats at Bush/Pepin/Steinbrenner Field?

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Back when we wore Nike, the sideline gear (polos, hats) were all Michigan State blanks. Jim Leavitt always loved the green being as dark as possible. During our relatively short run of Nike gear, our green got a lot lighter, because Nike wouldn't make the shade of green coach Leavitt wanted and we got Michigan State green instead.

I don't believe this to be true.  I have a coaches shirt, from the closet, that was from Nike era and it is a dark green.  My favorite polo for lucky golf days.

I believe Mike's statement is true, and there are plenty of others on this board that can probably confirm it outright from firsthand knowledge.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Gold green green

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Gold green green

+1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Zack Benjamin just posted a picture of the White Helmet in his locker, next locker over you can also see another white helmet hanging. No green or gold helmets in sight. Asked him if they are going w/ white for the first game...no response yet.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Zack Benjamin just posted a picture of the White Helmet in his locker, next locker over you can also see another white helmet hanging. No green or gold helmets in sight. Asked him if they are going w/ white for the first game...no response yet.

They are likely just the white practice helmets.  We have a white practice set and separate game white game helmets, gold game helmets, and green game helmets.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I have a feeling it's going to be white helmets, green jerseys, green pants.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I believe Mike's statement is true, and there are plenty of others on this board that can probably confirm it outright from firsthand knowledge.

Nike has elite schools a la Oregon, Florida, Texas, FSU, etc. 

If you aren't in this category, you pick from a subset of pre-made colors.  The confusing thing about our green when we were with Nike was it looked considerably darker during a game than what the color actually was because of the player's sweat during warm-ups.

The reason we left Nike for UA was because Nike could care less about their other non-elite schools.  Most non-elite schools use Nike soley for purpose of recruiting and brand-likeness for their fan base.

When UA first expanded past Maryland, they were looking to poach one team from each of the major conferences, but they have obviously expanded since then.  We were attractive because even though we weren't winning conference championships, it seemed like at least half of our schedule ended up on national TV every year.

Edited by BrownBullsFan