• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Depth Chart?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Obviously some hunger out there in these kids, great to see the FR competing for positions.

Anyone else find it strange we're starting Mims opposite Lynch instead of Giddins? You guys that are better football minds might be able to explain?

Yeah, Mims is better and Ryne has been overrated since he got here.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really bummed to not see Rahmon Swain not listed on the 2 deep... I figure he'd take over the middle for DeDe next year.  What does everyone think about the back ups on the o-line?  Do we have depth there?  I think it's great that Senat and Calloway do not have to play right away and could get in a rotation next year with Chandler and Hamilton... scary!  With our roster the way it is I think we are reasonably 2 years away of realistically being a top 25 competitive team.  Just trying to be a realist!  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Obviously some hunger out there in these kids, great to see the FR competing for positions.

Anyone else find it strange we're starting Mims opposite Lynch instead of Giddins? You guys that are better football minds might be able to explain?

Mims is a good player. He has good size and speed and displayed pretty well last year. He is also 100% healthy, unlike Giddins. I expect a heavy dose of rotation so Giddins will still see plenty of snaps.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Rhyne had 5 1/2 sacks, 11 TFLs and 44 tackles in 2011.   Third on the team in sacks, second in TFLs for a team that was in the Top 10 nationwide in TFLs.  That is also a lot of tackes for a DE.  Overrated?

Those numbers are all far better than Mims last year.  In fact, Giddens had more TFLs and sacks last year than Mims.

I think Mims is pretty good and will be even better this year.  But Giddens has historically produced far more on the field.  Giddens was injured last year but sucked it up and kept grinding.  Not sure why the coaching staff didn't share his injury last year, but I think we'll see more out of both this year.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Well, maybe coach is just wanting to limit Giddins' playing time for now. I just want the biggest freaks on the ends to make that QB drizzle in his tights. I defer to the coaches on who's best, just seemed a bit of a surprise since camp fallout was that Giddins is ready for battle.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Rhyne had 5 1/2 sacks, 11 TFLs and 44 tackles in 2011.   Third on the team in sacks, second in TFLs for a team that was in the Top 10 nationwide in TFLs.  That is also a lot of tackes for a DE.  Overrated?

Those numbers are all far better than Mims last year.  In fact, Giddens had more TFLs and sacks last year than Mims.

I think Mims is pretty good and will be even better this year.  But Giddens has historically produced far more on the field.  Giddens was injured last year but sucked it up and kept grinding.  Not sure why the coaching staff didn't share his injury last year, but I think we'll see more out of both this year.

he said he didn't disclose it until the end of the season.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

he said he didn't disclose it until the end of the season.  

I didn't see him say that.  Do you happen to have a link?  I wouldn't think that would be the wisest choice on his part.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Wasn't sure where else to put this but Mike White just put up a really nice (but short) video of him doing some impressive work on the Instagram App. Threads the needle on a long pass in 7on7's and breaks off a nice run during the scrimmage.

His user name on Instagram is Michael_White_