• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Depth Chart?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The biggest omissions are Swanson, Whitehurst, Chandler, and Forte.

The latter two are injured, so that might explain them. Disappointed Swanson couldn't jump right in and get on the two-deep. 

Most intriguing though is Whitehurst, he was one of the only bright spots at the end of last season. What gives???

Swanson is still a true freshman, very hard to predict.

Whitehurst was allegedly in a heated battle for the fourth LB spot, then drops off completely?  Did Garye have a huge few days or is Whitehurst injured or in the doghouse?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Will be interesting to see which QB comes off the Bench first, pun intended, if Floyd struggles or we get a big lead

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

No Whitehurst? Intredasting...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Lots of FR and SO in that list. Wonder if we have one of the youngest 2-deeps in major college football?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Obviously some hunger out there in these kids, great to see the FR competing for positions.

Anyone else find it strange we're starting Mims opposite Lynch instead of Giddins? You guys that are better football minds might be able to explain?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe to keep 1 premier guy on each team? When they rotate out either Giddins or Lynch will always be fresh? Idk..

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Mims played better than Giddens last year and maybe it was the same in the spring. And I know I know, Giddens played injured last year. Mims was no slouch coming out of high school and was a 4 star recruit just like Giddens...  http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Tevin-Mims-84591

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Talented depth, I like that answer!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Depth chart doesn't always mean starting lineup either...keeping everybody (other team included) on their toes seems to be a big part of CWT

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Obviously some hunger out there in these kids, great to see the FR competing for positions.

Anyone else find it strange we're starting Mims opposite Lynch instead of Giddins? You guys that are better football minds might be able to explain?

I'm sure it'll be a mix and match deal. So lynch and Mims may start with Giddins and Lynch in at times. Mims had a better year last year, so if he had a better camp just being rewarded for it I'm sure.

With the depth we have on DL no one should see more than 60-70% of snaps unless Lynch is that much of a beast and can handle it.

Keep them all fresh. Don't think tired pass rush didn't play a role in those collapses last year. I think Sager was in like 90% I saw last year? That's ridiculous when we had DT depth.