• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Man... I love USF and bleed green and gold. I am so excited for this growing program and have been planning tailgates since last year. I will do whatever I can to show my support for the team(not so much the coach) regardless of how they do.

However every time I come to this forum there always seems to be that group that is overly negative and pessimistic. I know we are not going to go 12-0 this season. You can be "real" without being really negative. It is the same group that is getting down on the energy this new coach is trying to pump into our university. Maybe now is the time to remember the old saying if you don't have something nice to say don't say it, or at least let us get into the season where we have something to base it off of. I find myself quickly wanting to be less associated with some of our fellow bulls based on their attitudes.

About the bull walk, I am surprised they do not want to do it between A&B near the Student lots/sections. 

you must be new here or to message boards in general

Oh your right... sorry USF is going to be ******, screw trying to support new ideas of the new coach. Hell anyone want my McNeese State or FAU tickets? might as not even show up since we are bound to fail and I can watch from the comfort of my A/C... 

FFS I thought we were trying to build our fan base, build our team, build some excitement. What is worse then the negativity is the people who have that outlook AND try to tear down what others are trying to do to build the program. You don't feel excited about what is going on? It isn't done how you would like it? Fine voice your opinion and move on, don't continue to tear down what others are trying to build up. 

Not every board has to be 4chan.

I disagree with Mike on this one, but to make the inference that he's one of the "always negative crowd" on here is wrong.

BTW check your messages. Need to discuss tailgating for this week.

Quoting him for the "you must be new here or to message boards in general" 

The negativity is not just him on this issue, but the group of posters on multiple threads, especially in the last few weeks. Lets play some downs before getting down on our team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

let's throw some what if scenarios into the mix--

let say it is pouring rain when they are supposed to do the walk of shame....err... Bull Walk --- yeah-- let's force the guys out of the bus a few blocks from the stadium so they can get soaked and tired and frustrated. no need to deliver the team to the facility directly when there is a smattering of a chance that we make 1000 people excited 2 hours before the game (provided they show up, know where to go, and the team is worth being excited about to begin with).

Someone said you have to start something before it will grow. I guess we could try to grow grass on the moon. I mean grass looks awesome on Earth so why not the moon? It seems possible, impractical but possible. or we could just let the moon be the moon

USF buses will enter the parking lot from North Dale Mabry Highway and stop at the Bulls Zone located in front of the South Plaza entrance between gates C and D. Hardly a few blocks.

exactly a few blocks to the locker rooms -- instead of the 100 foot walk from the bus to the locker room they have done since RJS was built

#norespectforplayerstradition

So wait let me get this right football players melt in the rain? Who knew?

only the witches

LOL that was pretty funny needed that one. Everyone just do what you want you paid for the ticket enjoy how you want.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

The whole process seems forced.

it might work but is it better than just pulling the whole team into the bus parking spaces inside the stadium (as we have always done) 150 feet from the locker rooms and let the athletes focus on the game? These other programs that have a walk do so because it is often the easiest way to get their team to the game.

We seem to be going out of our way to complicate the team game day preparation in the name of tradition or making the handful of people who want to pretend they are UF happy. Let's look at what Pitt does as our example since they have a similar setup.

Now that I have shown my disdain for this idea-- let me offer something they could do that might be fun and accomplish the same point-- get an old school bus with the windows down and let Taggart drive the players around through the parking lots pre-game to get the fans excited. That would allow them to visit more areas. THIS PLAN ASSUMES THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF TIME PRE-GAME TO WASTE ON THIS TYPE OF CRAP (they don't).

This isn't about being lazy or not a "real fan". It's about letting things grow on their own, sometimes out of necessity

But good luck with the walk-- hope someone gets something out of it.

PS-- also not a fan of war flamingos

Except for the fact that Taggart does not have the correct license to drive a school bus.  He said that in an interview about the video promotion.  He never drove the bus; he just walked on, started up the engine, and closed the door.  However if you think that Taggart should spend his free time to aquire a CDL, then go ahead an suggest it to him.  You can also tell him his idea about walking the players through the fan area is a bad idea.

Also, Taggart (or any head coach) making his players run sprints before a game is "forced".  This is now his team, so what ever he tells the players to do is "forced".

Edited by hightechbull
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not so sure it is laziness, as fear their stuff will walk away.

This... if we had a stadium on campus then fine I would have no issue with walking over for 15 minutes... however we currently play 15 miles off campus in Rutgers Stadium which is located in the ghetto.

A lot of expensive things can walk away in 15 minutes.

You never cease to amaze ... First, it's not in the ghetto. Second, it IS laziness not fear ... unless a tailgating group is too stupid to figure out you can leave one person there to guard all the "valuables" while the rest can go.

Thanks, I try.

First, yes it is on the edge of the ghetto... things walk away all of the time... Bulls ***** about this all the time on these boards.

Second, its not laziness, its time management... Bulls love a good tailgate party and as such spend a lot on their tailgates. If I go all out on my tailgate and only have 4 hours to enjoy it then why am I gonna abandon it midway through to trek over for 30-45 minutes o I can head back, cleanup, rush around and get into the game?

I don't know about yall but when I do something I do it. Its a party when I tailgate, and I'm all for this, but it needs to be made to suit the fans, vs. the fans bending themselves around to suit this.

Whats the big deal with unloading the buses at the season ticket lot between the Yankees training complex and RayJay and having the team walk up that sidewalk that runs between the lots and into the stadium?? They could be lead by some cheerleaders, Rocky with a USF flag, and a small group of HOT that arrives early just for this event.

If they did this then I would abandon my private lot and move into the season ticket lot in a heart beat.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

This... if we had a stadium on campus then fine I would have no issue with walking over for 15 minutes... however we currently play 15 miles off campus in Rutgers Stadium which is located in the ghetto.

You never cease to amaze ... First, it's not in the ghetto. Second, it IS laziness not fear ... unless a tailgating group is too stupid to figure out you can leave one person there to guard all the "valuables" while the rest can go.

Thanks, I try.

First, yes it is on the edge of the ghetto... things walk away all of the time... Bulls ***** about this all the time on these boards.

Second, its not laziness, its time management... Bulls love a good tailgate party and as such spend a lot on their tailgates. If I go all out on my tailgate and only have 4 hours to enjoy it then why am I gonna abandon it midway through to trek over for 30-45 minutes o I can head back, cleanup, rush around and get into the game?

I don't know about yall but when I do something I do it. Its a party when I tailgate, and I'm all for this, but it needs to be made to suit the fans, vs. the fans bending themselves around to suit this.

Whats the big deal with unloading the buses at the season ticket lot between the Yankees training complex and RayJay and having the team walk up that sidewalk that runs between the lots and into the stadium?? They could be lead by some cheerleaders, Rocky with a USF flag, and a small group of HOT that arrives early just for this event.

If they did this then I would abandon my private lot and move into the season ticket lot in a heart beat.

You have NO IDEA what a ghetto is, if you think that Ray Jay is in, or on the border of one.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Thanks, I try.

First, yes it is on the edge of the ghetto... 

Do you try not to be taken seriously on this board? 

:facepalm:

Thanks, I try.

You have NO IDEA what a ghetto is, if you think that Ray Jay is in, or on the border of one.

Your telling me that the area east, namely southeast, of BigRed is not a ghetto?

• Downvote 1

Thanks, I try.

First, yes it is on the edge of the ghetto... 

Do you try not to be taken seriously on this board? 

:facepalm:

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Thanks, I try.

my kids are going to love this.

no offense dixie but i don't think something like this is meant for you.

It's meant for the fans who park in donor lots and buy season tickets. not for the "fans" partying at the mall lot and scalping tickets.

I park in 6D and will gladly stroll over the couple of hundred yards to welcome them as I'm sure many of the other donors in lot 5,6 and  7 will as well..

this is a fantastic way for players and fans to interact before a game. In fact the fun zone in that area has been a big hit with the kids as well. makes it a much more enjoyable experience. I just hope it doesn't attract a lot of drunks and obnoxious fans to the donor lots.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, I try.

my kids are going to love this.

no offense dixie but i don't think something like this is meant for you.

It's meant for the fans who park in donor lots and buy season tickets. not for the "fans" partying at the mall lot and scalping tickets.

I park in 6D and will gladly stroll over the couple of hundred yards to welcome them as I'm sure many of the other donors in lot 5,6 and  7 will as well..

this is a fantastic way for players and fans to interact before a game. In fact the fun zone in that area has been a big hit with the kids as well. makes it a much more enjoyable experience. I just hope it doesn't attract a lot of drunks and obnoxious fans to the donor lots.

Thats what I was trying to say...