• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone remember this tackle?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

I'm trying to remember who it was and against which team that one of our players made a tremendous tackle during a punt or a kickoff. After the tackle the ball went loose and we ran it into the end zone, just don't recall the points actually counting or if we had to re-kick. I'm trying to find the highlight of the tackle but need this info to find it. Anyway, anyone remember who made that awesome tackle and who we were playing? I do remember the action took place near the student section endzone during a home game. Thanks in advance!

Go Bulls!!

P.S. post any video you want to of other great USF power tackles

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Jon Lejiste vs FSU in 2008? Hit kick returner so hard he fumbled. After that play I knew our guys where not afraid of FSU.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

USF vs Louisville

8:00 PM ET, November 17, 2007

Raymond James Stadium, TAMPA, FL

Nate Allen fumble return for a TD

????????

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

The one that happened by the student section was against Ball State on the opening kickoff.  I think it was DeDe Lattimore who made the hit and Mark Joyce scooped and scored. 

I may not have the players right but the Ball State 2011 game was the latest kickoff defensive return TD.

Edited by feardabull

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

2007 at home against Louisville. Opening kickoff the UL returner got popped and Nate Allen took it in for a touchdown. Bulls rolled all over the cards.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

USF vs Louisville

????????

That was the first play I thought of, and the TD definitely occurred in front of the student section

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

USF vs Louisville

????????

That was the first play I thought of, and the TD definitely occurred in front of the student section

I sit in the South Endzone and I could've sworn that TD was in front of my section.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

There was a punt return against Rutgers this past season. I believe Fidel Montgomery made the tackle and knocked the ball and the players helmet loose and we weren't allowed to advance the ball.

• Upvote 1

It was sometime in either the 2011 or 2012 season (I'm thinking it was in 2012).  I watched the Ball State highlight and this was a better, flattening tackle than that video shows.  I still can't figure it out but I can picture it in my head. The Ball State run-in happened on the left side of the end zone, the one I'm looking for the ball was run in on the right side. Oh well, I guess since USF isn't a big enough program it is much harder to find this type of video footage using a simple Google or YouTube search of key terms. If it happened at Alabama, I'd be able to find it in a matter of seconds.  One day my friends, one day...

:GoBulls:

There was a punt return against Rutgers this past season. I believe Fidel Montgomery made the tackle and knocked the ball and the players helmet loose and we weren't allowed to advance the ball.

That's what I think it was green-and-gold! I watched a YouTube video of last season's Rutgers' game and this wasn't included..that is, unless I missed it. I'm going to look for that now, since you are telling me it is the Rutgers game I'm looking for.  I do remember there being some type of flag on the play so that could be it.