• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marvel Us. We got a "thank you" call from Thor.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Didn't Stan Heath start this???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Earliest memory I have was a call from Delbert ... Don't recall one from a basketball player ... doesn't mean I didn't get one, though.

Heck, they could have knocked out personal visits to most hoops season tix accounts in a couple of hours.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Thor had my locker the last time we were there; not sure who's in it now

Probably Derrick Hopkins if he can fit inside your locker. :D

Touché sir

Utilizes my locker!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

I never got a thank you call from a player. Do they only do it for certain donaiton levels? I was only at Herd this year, but it is my first year out of school

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Don't feel bad dude; I have my name on a locker and no call...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Earliest memory I have was a call from Delbert ... Don't recall one from a basketball player ... doesn't mean I didn't get one, though.

Heck, they could have knocked out personal visits to most hoops season tix accounts in a couple of hours.

My memory is not perfect on this. I can't remember if sales took the idea to Coach Leavitt or vice versa.

I do remember that Coach was really behind the idea, he thought it was good for the players and obviously good for us in terms of keeping ticket holders.

I also remember that Coach Leavitt was there most of the time, encouraging the players to make the calls. We started off thinking we would randomly call some of the ticket holders, but coach wanted everyone to get a call.

I also remember coach Leavitt tweeting out about this as he sat there (relatively early on in the life of twitter) and that is when I signed up for twitter, realizing he was really doing it, and not his secretary or someone in sports information.

As for the person who said they didn't get a call. Let me throw out a few possible reasons:

Does the phone number in your account have voice mail?

Did you move and not update your phone number?

Do you have a really tough to pronounce name (we didn't delete those, but I could see a player skipping a name on the list to avoid a really tough name to pronounce)

Does your ticket account have a phone number in it? (Some accounts only have email, but that is rare)

Are your tickets under a business name without a person's name in the account?

We also struck off names of people who really wouldn't care about the call, like ticket brokers who bought the tickets to sell on stubhub.

They didn't do it by donor level or anything like that, but if you are new to having tickets this year, they might have been working off a renewed list.

It is a great thing, and I certainly appreciated the call for both football and men's basketball. Might be a good idea for our Olympic sport coaches to do something like this too, obviously the scale would be smaller.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Have gotten calls in the past, but didn't get one this year.   :(

Edited by BullwarkTampa

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

My memory is not perfect on this. I can't remember if sales took the idea to Coach Leavitt or vice versa.

I do remember that Coach was really behind the idea, he thought it was good for the players and obviously good for us in terms of keeping ticket holders.

I also remember that Coach Leavitt was there most of the time, encouraging the players to make the calls. We started off thinking we would randomly call some of the ticket holders, but coach wanted everyone to get a call.

I also remember coach Leavitt tweeting out about this as he sat there (relatively early on in the life of twitter) and that is when I signed up for twitter, realizing he was really doing it, and not his secretary or someone in sports information.

As for the person who said they didn't get a call. Let me throw out a few possible reasons:

Do you have a really tough to pronounce name (we didn't delete those, but I could see a player skipping a name on the list to avoid a really tough name to pronounce)

Does your ticket account have a phone number in it? (Some accounts only have email, but that is rare)

We also struck off names of people who really wouldn't care about the call, like ticket brokers who bought the tickets to sell on stubhub.

They didn't do it by donor level or anything like that, but if you are new to having tickets this year, they might have been working off a renewed list.

It is a great thing, and I certainly appreciated the call for both football and men's basketball. Might be a good idea for our Olympic sport coaches to do something like this too, obviously the scale would be smaller.

When do they start selling tickets to brokers? What's the criteria to buy tickets solely for resale?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

When do they start selling tickets to brokers? What's the criteria to buy tickets solely for resale?

Anyone can buy season tickets, just have to meet the donor requirements for that section. (heck, you can buy them online, no need to even talk to a rep) .. As a sales rep, if I sold season tickets to someone who was clearly a ticket broker, the sale would not count for my sales totals.

We didn't and don't sell group tickets to brokers.

Edited by Mike Stuben

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

Have gotten calls in the past, but didn't get one this year.   :(

Same here.