• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Amen. Lets do our part by being proactive Bulls fans and doing what we can to help out the situation. It has been a long off season and I cannot wait to watch my favorite college football team.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Ok, let's just win this conference

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Really hard to renew my tickets.  Just not getting that vibe anymore. 

• Downvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Pretty much agree with Bull by Marriage.  Believe the first game we attended was a Cinci game back in '02 or '03 that went into overtime.  Probably about 300 left in the stands at the end of the game.  Thought it was so exciting that we came back for more. I had no clue about USF sports at the time (our daughter was a student) as to conference affiliation (none I believe for football at the time).  Didn't attend the games because I thought they had a chance at a national or conference title.  Have had season tickets since about '04 or '05 and will continue to have them.

I pointed something out during basketball season.  Watched Princeton v Harvard (or maybe Yale) on TV.  The gym was packed and people were going crazy.  No national title on the line.  So if we sell out, or come close, against UCF and develop another rivalry where we get a lot of people that will all be gravy for me.  The atmosphere is more enjoyable when it is loud and crazy, but even when there are only 20K in the seats I'll be one of them.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

2003 Cincy game...Huey Whitaker blocked the FG near the end of regulation and USF won in overtime...it was a Halloween game....I remember us standing during that last Cincy drive banging on the empty seat backs in front of us to make as much noise as possible,..I remember all 6'5" of Whitaker launching over the line to block the kick. That was the second game that year we went to...and both were won in OT

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

I concur.  Just wince, renew, and get ready to watch the Bulls play ball.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2003 Cincy game...Huey Whitaker blocked the FG near the end of regulation and USF won in overtime...it was a Halloween game....I remember us standing during that last Cincy drive banging on the empty seat backs in front of us to make as much noise as possible,..I remember all 6'5" of Whitaker launching over the line to block the kick. That was the second game that year we went to...and both were won in OT

Huey is still playing. Saw him score a TD for the Sabercats in the AFL last week.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Huey is still playing. Saw him score a TD for the Sabercats in the AFL last week.

If I remember correctly (good chance I don't), didn't Selmon Jr get an interception along the sideline to end the game?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

I have a confession to make. When Michelle and I first bought season tickets back in 2004, I had no idea what conference we were in. 

When life gives you lemons, make whiskey sours!

What? What did you say?? You mean to tell me that you did not memorize every single player's stats prior to showing up for game one? Are you telling me that you didn't memorize every CUSA coaches' bio prior to the kickoff of the first game? 

Tell me, Mister...what sort of fraternity would pledge a man like you?

neidermeyer.jpg

Yeah, back when USF football was fresh off the vine, we were a bit more happy than we seem to be these days. A lot of what gets put on TBP is cathartic in nature, but there's a core that's still gonna be there on Saturdays and still dissect here on Sundays. It's entertainment...really, it's entertainment and there's plenty of entertainment to be had ahead. We just need to stop pretending that we needed a place to park the Bentley.

• Upvote 1