• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think Dyer is a "savior" but if he came on board he will instantly be our most talented RB on the roster.  

He is going to be one and done where ever he ends up so that will just depend upon conversations he has with Coach Taggart and how well would Dyer fit into our plans THIS year.  Coach Taggart and the staff he put in place has great ability to identify with kids like Dyer and I would think that from a mentoring perspective, everything ive read about Taggart, there really isn't one better at the HC level that would pay close attention to Dyer during the year.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Oh, the horror!  I suggested a player should actually prove they can follow team rules and produce on the field before anointing them the savior. 

Shockingly high standards I have.

You're twisting it a bit, but backpedalling is ok. You compared him to the Ford optimism, and people pointed out that Ford was a 5 star with no college experience then, and Dyer was a stud for a National Championship team...surely you can see the HUGE difference people are pointing out.

As to the "follow the rules" adder, that's a given...most of us reserve final judgement till they actually get on the live grass & "do something".  A few will be giddy at the prospect, but that's ok, too.

I don't think we're annointing his as savior, but there is no doubt he has the potential to take our offense from a C to a B+.  If he gives us anything like his first 2 years, we're WAY better with him (assuming no off field troubles).  I realize we have to block for him, and have other weapons (Cam Newton surely helped him, and vice versa)...but I also realize he won't be running v SEC teams if joins USF (until our bowl game at least...dare to dream).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he would destroy the competition in aac

easily averaging 125 yards a game

My only reservation is not knowing how good our line will be. Reiter is our best young OL, or perhaps Eatmon.  If others step up, we could be pretty good up front.  Losing Popek hurts, but that's life in the NCAA.  I would not be surprised at all to see Dyer average 125 or more at USF...if we can get him here & on the field.  Very quiet all around...but I'm guessing he needs to decide pretty soon, as classes start next month.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

We need depth, this guy not only will shine but give us depth at a position that has a little question as of the spring game. Not that I don't have faith in who we have at that position now but the more skill the better. If he has issues sit him, suspend him, whatever. We will work that out, but even if this guy can push our other guys at practice and make them better then our team benefits as a whole. Being that we have room on the roster this year lets get everyone we can. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Oh, the horror!  I suggested a player should actually prove they can follow team rules and produce on the field before anointing them the savior. 

Shockingly high standards I have.

Don't fall..you're backpeddaling awful fast. Why don't you give those fingers a rest before you say something else stupid.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Very quiet all around...but I'm guessing he needs to decide pretty soon, as classes start next month.

This is good news. No denials from Dyer Camp despite the enormous amount of press. The paperwork, ordering the ankle bracelet and process takes a few days at least, My lottery day for announcement is tomorrow.  If this wasn't moving forward, someone would have quashed the rumor by now.

Edited by Bullwinkle

Very quiet all around...but I'm guessing he needs to decide pretty soon, as classes start next month.

This is good news. No denials from Dyer Camp despite the enormous amount of press. The paperwork, ordering the ankle bracelet and process takes a few days at least, My lottery day for announcement is tomorrow.  If this wasn't moving forward, someone would have quashed the rumor by now.

I think you're right, BW...radio silence is good.  Haven't seen any news of him visiting other schools.  So, maybe Taggart hooked him.  Even a one & done could be awesome...and MAYBE Shaw takes a redshirt?  Or, we may have enough young talent that Shaw just winds up the perennial back up.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

My only reservation is not knowing how good our line will be. Reiter is our best young OL, or perhaps Eatmon.  If others step up, we could be pretty good up front.  Losing Popek hurts, but that's life in the NCAA.  I would not be surprised at all to see Dyer average 125 or more at USF...if we can get him here & on the field.  Very quiet all around...but I'm guessing he needs to decide pretty soon, as classes start next month.

IIRC we actually ran the ball pretty well last year when we stuck with it.  I know part of the reason was BJ's threat to run, but I keep hearing Bench has some wheels too.  Maybe not BJ level, but still could be something worthy of the defense to worry about.

IDK how many linemen/former linemen we have on this board, but I bet the majority would say they love to run block more than pass protect.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We need this Dyer kid. He will surely lead the football universe in rushing yards this season, rescue hundreds from a burning bus, and feed the homeless on Sundays.

You know, just like Mike Ford was a can't miss guy destined to lead the NCAA in rushing and be the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Ford did not have 2 1,000 yard seasons in the SEC and monster performance in NCG before coming to USF. Ford had done nothing prior to USF. Big difference.