• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's BBall: what do you need to see next season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Since I just recently saw Bill McGillis' tweet, I'll throw this in:

Unreal physical development by @USFMBB's Zach LeDay. 215 lbs when signed with USF. Now a chiseled 240 at end of freshman year. BEAST.

I expect LeDay to step up and start to become a key player for us. Good to see that he bulked up since last year. He came on stronger towards the end of last season. Even though it was mainly because of other injuries, it was good playing time for him at least.

I'm curious to see how the incoming guys do like Egbunu, Perry and Bo Ziegler. We need a good big man and Egbunu could be that guy as long as grades don't stop him. 

But what I really need to see from USF Basketball is a good game plan. Last year was hectic. We had two plays: Throw the alley oop or throw up a three. It was chaotic and injuries didn't help. Hope we can establish a better identity than that and have a better game plan.

Either way, I'm pretty excited for this year. We really need to have a good year to keep up recruiting though.

I think I saw Omo at the University Collection shopping center last week, and if it was him, he appeared to have lost a decent amount of weight.

That would be really good news, not just for basketball, but for his general health as well. I know he had a number of joint issues due to his weight.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

win

unless we do well it will be time to cut ties with coach heath

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

I'd love for Omog to become a pivotal part of our offense, but his skills are severely lacking. He got better throughout the year, but if he starts being able to move better on the court he could be really great. It just looked as though he was just learning the game of basketball last year. A skilled 7+ footer would be awesome. Here's to him working on his skills and becoming a beast for us.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Been following USF basketbulls for twenty-one years.

What do I need to see? I need to 'see' post season play, but then again

I stopped being Charlie Browned a few years back.  

blog_lucy_football.jpg

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

post season play if the academic committee plays their part.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think it is realistic to look for at least a .500 record in conference and 18 to 19 wins.

There will be a lot of expected from the newcomers and that is a lot to ask of young players. Really anything over .500 record and any post season bid will be a huge turnaround.

Next year is when I really expect something dynamic from this team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Bill McGillis â€@USFinsiderBillM3 Jul

Unreal physical development by @USFMBB's Zach LeDay. 215 lbs when signed with USF. Now a chiseled 240 at end of freshman year. BEAST.

I expect LeDay to step up and start to become a key player for us. Good to see that he bulked up since last year. He came on stronger towards the end of last season. Even though it was mainly because of other injuries, it was good playing time for him at least.

I'm curious to see how the incoming guys do like Egbunu, Perry and Bo Ziegler. We need a good big man and Egbunu could be that guy as long as grades don't stop him. 

But what I really need to see from USF Basketball is a good game plan. Last year was hectic. We had two plays: Throw the alley oop or throw up a three. It was chaotic and injuries didn't help. Hope we can establish a better identity than that and have a better game plan.

Either way, I'm pretty excited for this year. We really need to have a good year to keep up recruiting though.

I think I saw Omo at the University Collection shopping center last week, and if it was him, he appeared to have lost a decent amount of weight.

That would be really good news, not just for basketball, but for his general health as well. I know he had a number of joint issues due to his weight.

And if my fading memory serves me correctly, I think his weight issue was a result of another health problem that, I think, may have bee corrected. What will also help him immensely is going up against big bodies in practice on a regular basis. Just hope Egbunu gets there in August so they can start banging against each other.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Bill McGillis â€@USFinsiderBillM3 Jul

And if my fading memory serves me correctly, I think his weight issue was a result of another health problem that, I think, may have bee corrected. What will also help him immensely is going up against big bodies in practice on a regular basis. Just hope Egbunu gets there in August so they can start banging against each other.

I think you're right. I seem to recall hearing his size came from an overactive thyroid and I think he had surgery on it, but I'm not 100% sure about all this.

Regardless of his basketball abilities, he has a heart of gold and its good to hear his health is improving.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Fluidity on offense.

This.. Please

Something better than watching paint dry on offense