• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's BBall: what do you need to see next season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

What are your expectations (if any!) for next season?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

I expect a rough go of it at first and as the team bonds and the younger guys develop I expect us to improve drastically kind of like 2 years ago. I also expect Rudd to be like DoJo was before he left as this is his last real shot at the NBA and he knows it, he needs to put this team on his back along with AC and run with it. Perry and Egbunu are the bigs we were missing last season and will see a lot of minutes and should drastically our post play (ie actually get rebounds on both sides of the floor)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

need to see some wins. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Since I just recently saw Bill McGillis' tweet, I'll throw this in:

Unreal physical development by @USFMBB's Zach LeDay. 215 lbs when signed with USF. Now a chiseled 240 at end of freshman year. BEAST.

I expect LeDay to step up and start to become a key player for us. Good to see that he bulked up since last year. He came on stronger towards the end of last season. Even though it was mainly because of other injuries, it was good playing time for him at least.

I'm curious to see how the incoming guys do like Egbunu, Perry and Bo Ziegler. We need a good big man and Egbunu could be that guy as long as grades don't stop him. 

But what I really need to see from USF Basketball is a good game plan. Last year was hectic. We had two plays: Throw the alley oop or throw up a three. It was chaotic and injuries didn't help. Hope we can establish a better identity than that and have a better game plan.

Either way, I'm pretty excited for this year. We really need to have a good year to keep up recruiting though.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'm expecting improvement. I think the NIT needs to be the minimum, especially with the talent we have and the weaker conference competition.

I'm also excited to get to play a home-and-home conference schedule where its balanced for everyone (at least for this year).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I'm expecting at least an NIT birth as well... This team should be one of the most talented we've ever seen and we have enough returning pieces to make this a really good year... Anything less than 18 or 19 wins and top 4 or 5 in the AAC and I'd be disappointed...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

NIT at the least. Hopefully we solved our big man problem and can get our players back to playing the positions they're supposed to.

One things for sure, if we don't crash the boards better...we aren't going anywhere.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Fluidity on offense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Since I just recently saw Bill McGillis' tweet, I'll throw this in:

Unreal physical development by @USFMBB's Zach LeDay. 215 lbs when signed with USF. Now a chiseled 240 at end of freshman year. BEAST.

I expect LeDay to step up and start to become a key player for us. Good to see that he bulked up since last year. He came on stronger towards the end of last season. Even though it was mainly because of other injuries, it was good playing time for him at least.

I'm curious to see how the incoming guys do like Egbunu, Perry and Bo Ziegler. We need a good big man and Egbunu could be that guy as long as grades don't stop him. 

But what I really need to see from USF Basketball is a good game plan. Last year was hectic. We had two plays: Throw the alley oop or throw up a three. It was chaotic and injuries didn't help. Hope we can establish a better identity than that and have a better game plan.

Either way, I'm pretty excited for this year. We really need to have a good year to keep up recruiting though.

I think I saw Omo at the University Collection shopping center last week, and if it was him, he appeared to have lost a decent amount of weight.