• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A few Bulls celebrating their 10th year on The Bulls Pen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That is cool.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

10 years and one of the lowest number of actual posts... i read more than i add to the conversation.  thanks for 10 years of fun.  i'll have to give a 10-year worthy contribution to the site.

Edited by chrisdashley

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

ahh the good old days.  you could actually have a conversation on here and not come back a day or two later to find the thread you posted on has now be merged with 3 other topics creating a 7 page post that i don't care to read thru.  

:soapbox:

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

What if we took a little leave and have come back...how do I get my old stats and start date back?

I can combine accounts.

Oz.jpg

I've had so many,  where do I start... :)

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

What if we took a little leave and have come back...how do I get my old stats and start date back?

I can combine accounts.

Oz.jpg

Yeah, I know Triple B started a new one for a good cause or he would have a lot most posts. :)

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

10 years and one of the lowest number of actual posts... i read more than i add to the conversation.  thanks for 10 years of fun.  i'll have to give a 10-year worthy contribution to the site.

I believe it is better to have 300 original thoughts and ideas rather than droning on about the same old crap 70000 times. :D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

It was almost 12 yrs ago now that I met Bulliever's dad in the old Marshall Center and after talking about USF sports he informed me of a fledgling site called southfloridabulls.com. What a cool ride it has been. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It was almost 12 yrs ago now that I met Bulliever's dad in the old Marshall Center and after talking about USF sports he informed me of a fledgling site called southfloridabulls.com. What a cool ride it has been.

Any screen shots left from that first year?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Any screen shots left from that first year?

Here is an assembled screenshot, missing images and all, of the site (southfloridabulls.com) in May 2000 - still in its first year.  A clear reminder of how far some things have come.  :)

fullindex.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

If you followed the message board link on that page, here is what you would see:

tbpmainindex052000.JPG

As I recall, this was actually the third version of the board.  In the early days, I used FrontPage discusison boards but there were always problems.  Smazza was on those...not saying he was a problem then.  Then I think we used the everyone.net built in community message board before striking out with the Ultraboard purchase as a standalone message board.  I think they went out of business not too long later.  I suffered a lot of issues with Ultraboard too, because FrontPage kept interfering with it.  I was an untrained web novice and learned an awful lot the hardest of ways.