• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF FOOTBALL: USF to train at Vero Beach Sports Village Aug. 10-17

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Days Won:  3

Has anyone here been there while the Bulls were there?

My son wants me to take him to Sebastian Inlet for a weekend of surfing and if the public can go in and watch practices, that might be an incentive to plan it for that time.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  19

My son wants me to take him to Sebastian Inlet for a weekend of surfing and if the public can go in and watch practices, that might be an incentive to plan it for that time.

Yeah, I've been.. In the past the practices were all open to the public ... but new head coach, so I wouldn't assume that is the same.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

No word yet on what will be open in Vero ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Vero takes the players away from their non-football lives, and allows football and team to be the focus for almost 24 hours a day (I guess possibly except for any players from the Vero Beach area).

IMG and Vero both have good facilities, but I would think Vero wins out (if cost the same) because it really does remove the players from distractions. IMG might be a tad to close to home to effective do that.

Unrelated Side Note - Vero has incredible memories for me, I got to meet baseball legends like Duke Snider, Don Drysdale, Lou Brock, Roy Campanella, Whitey Ford, Enos Slaughter among tons more. Vero used to host both a Dodger Fantasy Camp (full of guys going back to the Brooklyn days) and a Hall of Fame Fantasy Camp ..... Always a great place to show up and get autographs. 

If you check out Vero, it really was visionary the way they built that complex. It has what all the teams are fighting for now, in terms of minor league complex. It lost the Dodgers mostly because as a West Coast team, they wanted to train closer to home. A new team didn't rush in because the stadium is too old to be practical, but the complex is top notch.

Agreed.  Nice stadium to watch a game in, also.  Sometimes we'd get outfield berm tickets so the kid could run around.  It's a shame the facility doesn't get used more.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think all the Tampons need to quit complaining, take a little drive and support the team. I imagine something will be open, the 15 or 16th, prolly a scrimmage. I'll bring the Umbrella and water for Southie and we'll all complain about  dropped balls.If you look for me , I'm 5'7" dark hair and a devilish grin.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I think all the Tampons need to quit complaining, take a little drive and support the team. I imagine something will be open, the 15 or 16th, prolly a scrimmage. I'll bring the Umbrella and water for Southie and we'll all complain about dropped balls.If you look for me , I'm 5'7" dark hair and a devilish grin.

I appreciate the thought but I'll be out of town this year.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

There is nothing wrong with training at a professional sports team training facility.   We needed a new coach much more than a new training camp venue.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

13 NFL teams hold training camp away from their home practice fields.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/78457/2013-nfl-training-camp-dates-locations

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,714
  • Days Won:  109

We went a couple of years ago.  Nice way to get up close and personal with the coaches.  But like others have said, don't know how much will be open this year.  If/when they announce that stuff we may make the ride over again.