• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kyle Gibson, CB, Armood HS, Seffner FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Im not sure what UCF fans feel their ceiling is from a recruiting stand point...They have George OLeary as their head coach...recruiting is sales...and the most important aspect of sales is the ability to develop strong relationships...and good Ol George is terrible at doing this...the guy can't even look you in the eye for Christ sake!!  I dont think he does it intentionally..but watch any interview...any interview...and the guy is half looking at the ground and half looking at the person he is talking to..what the hell is that about?? is he hiding something?...trust me these kids read this guy like a book...lets play a game and put ourselves in the shoes of an 18 year old kid out of Miami...do think they trust the bull this old white irish guy is feeding them??  Do you think gramps can relate to these kids? At the end of the day...no matter what execuse UCF comes up with their class will only be so good...because the guy is a fraud...So next year the theory is..."its the year after the BCS where the recruting picks up"...what?!?!  Who the hell made up that!  Is that the same guy that came up with the prevent defense or the 90 pitch rule??? its just another excuse..one year its we dont have an OCS...their class sucks...the next year it is we arent in the same conference as USF...class still sucked...the next year is we won the BCS...only lost one game!! why arent the recruits running to us??? UCF fans...its your coach...George lacks the ability to relate to the kids...his assitants can only cover so much for him...eventually the kids have to hear George open his mouth and talk...

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Im not sure what UCF fans feel their ceiling is from a recruiting stand point...They have George OLeary as their head coach...recruiting is sales...and the most important aspect of sales is the ability to develop strong relationships...and good Ol George is terrible at doing this...the guy can't even look you in the eye for Christ sake!!  I dont think he does it intentionally..but watch any interview...any interview...and the guy is half looking at the ground and half looking at the person he is talking to..what the hell is that about?? is he hiding something?...trust me these kids read this guy like a book...lets play a game and put ourselves in the shoes of an 18 year old kid out of Miami...do think they trust the bull this old white irish guy is feeding them??  Do you think gramps can relate to these kids? At the end of the day...no matter what execuse UCF comes up with their class will only be so good...because the guy is a fraud...So next year the theory is..."its the year after the BCS where the recruting picks up"...what?!?!  Who the hell made up that!  Is that the same guy that came up with the prevent defense or the 90 pitch rule??? its just another excuse..one year its we dont have an OCS...their class sucks...the next year it is we arent in the same conference as USF...class still sucked...the next year is we won the BCS...only lost one game!! why arent the recruits running to us??? UCF fans...its your coach...George lacks the ability to relate to the kids...his assitants can only cover so much for him...eventually the kids have to hear George open his mouth and talk...

Not sure if you are aware of everything or not. But with the combination of being the second youngest team in the FBS last season and having only 17 spots available due to self-imposed restrictions, UCF filled the needs they seeked with quality replacements. UCF doesn't have a new coach bringing in a new system who is trying to replace the entire roster. Plus we are stacked at the QB position.

I agree. The only thing holding you back in recruiting is track record of cheating.

National brand recognition? I bet most people in America still can't distinguish between USF and UCF.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This entire thread.

poop-on-grass.jpg

You need to get out of the east side of town more often. Come show me your brand recognition outside of Waterford Lakes and Oviedo.

Top ten finish doesn't make you a national brand. Where's the TV deal? Where's the merchandise sales? Where's the legions of ravenous alumni RV-ing across the state to come watch the home games? Truth is, your brand languishes on the shelf right next to ours while the gator, nole and canes branded stuff moves off the shelf.

I swear, living next to the OUC power plant has to have some sort of side effect that makes you delusional.

Top ten finish doesn't make you a national brand. Where's the TV deal? Where's the merchandise sales? Where's the legions of ravenous alumni RV-ing across the state to come watch the home games? Truth is, your brand languishes on the shelf right next to ours while the gator, nole and canes branded stuff moves off the shelf.

I swear, living next to the OUC power plant has to have some sort of side effect that makes you delusional.

Prove the merchandise sales/attendance over all 3 of those teams before I do.

http://www.clc.com/News/Rankings-Annual-2012-13.aspx

And here's your national notoriety:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/15/sports/notre-dame-coach-resigns-after-5-days-and-a-few-lies.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6726571

Edited by JTrue

tumbleweed.jpg