• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beef O Brady Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Greg posted on twitter that this would be AAC vs ACC or CUSA. ACC and CUSA would each play AAC 3 times in 6 year cycle.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

And at the end of the day...it's still the Beef O'Brady bowl, clamoring for either USF or UCF for the walk-up traffic. But hey, for some school it's a trip to Florida. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah...I wouldn't go to this one again unless it was against Florida State or Miami. I didn't like the set up, atmosphere, and overall experience.

Edited by bullcocky101

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah...I wouldn't go to this one again unless it was against Florida State or Miami. I didn't like the set up, atmosphere, and overall experience.

I agree about the experience...but it's a bowl game close to home. I'd much rather be there than Birmingham.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

I'd still go because it's still a bowl game and it's still an hour from home for us (us being my family). Plus, it's another USF game to take in live before the long, empty offseason begins

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Is this in the "ThunderDome"?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Yep, with excellent seats along the first base line, and the baseball themed concessions and decor scream college football even more so than the pewter and rouge of Raymond James Pirate Hi-n-Dry. Been there once...can't honestly say, assuming USF is playing, that I wouldn't go again (but can guarantee that if USF isn't playing, I'll be across the bridge in Tampa). I do know, however, I would be less than enthusiastic and as such tempted to drown my sorrows as the game drifts into the bottom of the sixth inning. Sorry, I mean, start of the fourth quarter.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What bowls does the AAC have?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

What bowls does the AAC have?

We don't know yet.  The Beef O Brady bowl for sure.  The AAC is working to retain the Liberty bowl against the B12.  Not sure if they will be succesful yet.  They are also trying to create a bowl in Marlins Stadium.  Other than that, rumor has it that they are also looking at getting the Military bowl, the Armed Forces Bowl, and the BBVA (Birmingham) bowl.  I've even heard the Hawaii bowl mentioned as a possibility.  Plus, a recent article stated the new Christmas bowl in LA is interested in the AAC vs. the MWC.  I think that pretty much covers it, although I may have missed one or 2.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

AAC is scrambling for bowl game scraps. I think the conference will take whatever it can get. When you start hearing rumors about AAC bowl games in Dublin and Abu Dhabi, there are serious issues.