• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why I was so glad we were done with Tinmen

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

I am flying to Michigan State game and not my beloved Florida to sit in the frying pan with a bunch of delusional drunks that claim a rivalry although they've yet to win a game. Hell, why aren't they claiming a part of the Big 4? :)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

This is a rivalry that only fans of the two schools know. The only reason its in EA Sports NCAA Football game, The War on I4, is because of UCF's ties to the Orlando studio, Tiburon, that puts the game out, they have a training partnership and many of their students and graduates work on the game. We weren't considered rivals in the 80s when I attended and I doubt CWT would know anything about a USF/UCF rivalry from his time in the area. I don't think rivalry is a big deal to him, just winning.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Speaking of our old friend "Eagle in Yune", I wonder how our old friend was last season as they finished with a perfect record!

Edited by Mission9
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I'm looking as Miami as a must win game for us to have a chance to renew the series and keep up our FL cred.  MUST WIN.

Even though Miami is going to be the much better team going in.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Not sure we have it this year

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How stupid do you guys think Taggart is?  Do you really think he doesn't realize a school 80 miles away and also fighting to be relevant in Florida wouldn't have a rivalry between the fan bases?  Do you really think he has been at USF for five months and no one at the schools has mentioned the history between the two schools, and how the students needle each other all the time?

He knows exactly what UCF thinks of the games between the two schools, and his comments were 100% purposeful.  To think otherwise is to think Taggart is a complete imbecile.  He is either downplaying the "rivalry" because he doesn't want it to be a big deal if we lose, or his downplaying the "rivalry" because he doesn't want USF to be defined by it.  Since he has said over and over we back down to no one, I have to believe that he is either trying to aggravate UCF by pretending it is no big deal, or he is trying to keep a distance between the two schools.  Give everything we have seen over the years from Genshaft/Woolard, I think it is a safe bet it is the latter on orders from above.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

DB, your comment "of any rivalry" I think Taggart did that. 'All games' he commented. UCF wants to be special.

Oh UCF is "special," alright ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

How stupid do you guys think Taggart is?  Do you really think he doesn't realize a school 80 miles away and also fighting to be relevant in Florida wouldn't have a rivalry between the fan bases?  Do you really think he has been at USF for five months and no one at the schools has mentioned the history between the two schools, and how the students needle each other all the time?

He knows exactly what UCF thinks of the games between the two schools, and his comments were 100% purposeful.  To think otherwise is to think Taggart is a complete imbecile.  He is either downplaying the "rivalry" because he doesn't want it to be a big deal if we lose, or his downplaying the "rivalry" because he doesn't want USF to be defined by it.  Since he has said over and over we back down to no one, I have to believe that he is either trying to aggravate UCF by pretending it is no big deal, or he is trying to keep a distance between the two schools.  Give everything we have seen over the years from Genshaft/Woolard, I think it is a safe bet it is the latter on orders from above.

I don't think anyone has made any judgments about Taggart.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

i dont think he was downplaying it...

what he said was right.

nationally, nobody cares about it and we haven't played in years.... Let's revisit in a few years and see how it goes.

Agree.  He did say he wants to beat them all, that is inclusive of UCF.  Don't see any downplay, other than a coach that is interested in winning all of the games on his schedule.  It's preseason, lets focus on that game at the end of November.  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

I thought I

DB, your comment "of any rivalry" I think Taggart did that. 'All games' he commented. UCF wants to be special.

Oh UCF is "special," alright ...
I thought I saw a few more short yellow busses on their campus then there should have been last time we played in the frying pan