• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why I was so glad we were done with Tinmen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

This is a young rivalry. In 20 years, there will be wins on both sides, statistics says that's going to happen. And yeah, its a rivalry, no matter who has won it so far. That will change over time, no matter who wins, there are lop sided rivalries in all sports. As a USF fan, of course I hope it stays that way, but who knows what will happen?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Top10/2010/09/13/15331331.html

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Some of ya'll view UCF as our rival.From that perspective, it may be the most important match up of the season. But, if you look back at USF's relatively short Football history, our biggest games were against the tougher opponents. For the four seasons that we faced UCF, it was fun to add another victory to our roster. But the games that USF fans (not UCF fans) REALLY cared about -- were the games against Miami, FSU, Rutgers, and West Virginia. For the 2013 season, we WANT to beat Louisville and Rutgers, but we DON'T want to lose to SMU, UCF, or Temple. 

Think of it this way, I don't remember ever camping out for tickets to a UCF - USF game. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

The golden jesters would be a more appropriate mascot for UCF based on my experiences with their alumni and posters on this board, in particular in this thread.

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Just curious, and too lazy to look it up myself. What are the records of:

UCF vs UF

UCF vs FSU

UCF vs Miami?

btw UCF fan, don't get me wrong, a rivalry would be fun... but you actually have to step up and prove it first. This year is your chance better not muck it up. Until then it is just another conference game that happens to be down the road. 

against Miami....0-2

against FSU...don't appear to have played

against UF .... 0-2

but UCF is 3-6 against the East Carolina Pirates...now there's a rivalry. To deny that the UCF x USF game is not huge is a mistake. It is. Call it a rivalry, don't call it a rivalry...whatever helps you sleep nights is fine, but it is indeed bigger than SMU & Memphis. How many times do we bemoan that we're in the same conference and competing for the same recruits? We make fun of the frying pan and George O'Liar-y.  And the fact that we generate this much keyboard time to this game indicates that it has a special place in all of our itty-bitty hearts. I just haven't seen this much angst since the great Eye Gouge Fest. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Ill wait for the game. Until then..until UCF wins one, there is nothing to see here.....nothing to talk about......move on. Don't get me wrong, I hope UCF wins....having experienced the Cal Stanford rivalry growing up.  A legit rivalry makes for some great football weekends.

But, until  UCF wins a game to make the rivalry "legit" there is not much to talk about....empty words.

Just my opinion....but for one, I can't wait. The last game at UCF was a great game, great atmosphere...and even though I sat in the USF section, everyone ...and I do mean everyone, had  a good time.

See you in Orlando..c'mon Trip, get off the couch and make the drive.

May the best team, that day, win.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

LOL at the delusional C. Florida fan. You are going to get stomped by a majority of the teams you play this year. You are not a good team and will do no better than 6-6, regardless of who picks you for what. Trust me, we know all about being picked to win conferences. Your prior records and winning C-USA mean nothing (as you saw during your 64-12 embarrassment by us, the same year you won C-USA).

But please, keep getting that undeserved ego puffed up by the sports writers. It wil be nice when it's not US having the meltdown this year.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20K UCF fans in the stands?? DB, why you trollin'?

I live in reality, man.  In any case, do you expect more Rutgers fans to fly down to Tampa or UCF fans drive one hour to Tampa?

We've already seen that UCF will bring more fans than Rutgers.... so I guess by that logic, FSU is a bigger rival ... and one of their fans said something bad to me after they beat us so that also fits your criteria as a rival.

No, because they are on a different socioeconomic plane than we are.  We aren't competing with them for anything, unless someone thinks we are a championship contender in the next couple of years.  Think we aren't competing with UCF anymore?

Reality is reality.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Not stirring the pot CPR, just reading this thread and wondering where some of your fans are coming. Sure, you're 4-0. But that doesn't mean crap anymore. It's 0-0 as conference mates now, in my eyes. And yes, we may have a chance to beat USF this season and countless more to come. And UCF, the AAC and Gator honks like Bianchi will go above and beyond to make sure the national perception of USF tags them as arch rivals to UCF, for as long as we're in the same conference. Sounds good?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Not stirring the pot CPR, just reading this thread and wondering where some of your fans are coming. Sure, you're 4-0. But that doesn't mean crap anymore. It's 0-0 as conference mates now, in my eyes. And yes, we may have a chance to beat USF this season and countless more to come. And UCF, the AAC and Gator honks like Bianchi will go above and beyond to make sure the national perception of USF tags them as arch rivals to UCF, for as long as we're in the same conference. Sounds good?

Being conference mates means jack. Talent wise we are head and shoulders above the golden knights, and the "rivalry" will continue to be lopsided.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

All the chatter in this thread reinforces the idea that these two schools are rivals.  Aside from the outside world wanting to make this a rivalry, I think some of you are in so deep you dont even recognize this mutual hatred and lack of respect as exactly what constitutes a real rivalry.  The only thing missing is enough history to create the memorable games, plays and events to become legend.

Trying to set yourself apart from your shadow doesnt make it go away.