• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Baseball Tourney, Day 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I believe prado is gone. He needed a regional at least to keep his job. We were supposed to dominate big east baseball and instead we were abysmal and never could get anything done. The coaching decisions just seemed to get worse.

I think he gets another year. His contract is up after next season and I think DW and co were encouraged by this season, so he gets another shot. If no regional next year, let him walk... simple as that.

I don't think he was in danger this season. Remember, DW gave Prado the extension after two losing seasons and where we missed the Big East tournament for the first time, so its hard to see him giving him the axe after he rewarded failure (granted the x-factor in that may have been the new stadium). I do think DW lets Prado's contract expire after next year if he is unable to come up with any kind of hardware.  We've been nothing but a mediocre team in a less than stellar conference in probably the most talent rich state in the country.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I believe prado is gone. He needed a regional at least to keep his job. We were supposed to dominate big east baseball and instead we were abysmal and never could get anything done. The coaching decisions just seemed to get worse.

I think he gets another year. His contract is up after next season and I think DW and co were encouraged by this season, so he gets another shot. If no regional next year, let him walk... simple as that.

Agree.

After all, we were ranked Top 25 for part of the year.

He needs to get it done next year, or get YANK'd!!

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

UConn defeats Notre Dame 8-1 for the championship.

What a disgrace. 9-15 in the regular season, 30-26 overall, and they get our conference bid.

Bigger disgrace is that UConn baseball is better than USF baseball.

Edited by outrunner

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Since we're out of it now...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

UConn defeats Notre Dame 8-1 for the championship.

What a disgrace. 9-15 in the regular season, 30-26 overall, and they get our conference bid.

Bigger disgrace is that UConn baseball is better than USF baseball.

Well, as anyone who follows baseball knows, Connecticut is a hotbed of talent as opposed to Tampa. How could we possibly compete with kids who can only play outside for half the year?

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

They were still practicing indoors at the beginning of the season...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

You guys need to get off the idea that there are no good athletes in the Northeast.  Trenton, NJ has produced some big league ballplayers and it is a small town.  You don't need sunshine and 90 degrees all year to produce soccer and baseball players. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You guys need to get off the idea that there are no good athletes in the Northeast. Trenton, NJ has produced some big league ballplayers and it is a small town. You don't need sunshine and 90 degrees all year to produce soccer and baseball players.

Agreed! The same is true for football.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

UConn has been the team that has ruined most of our Big East tournaments, not Rutgers.  While most of those games are close, we somehow can't seem to beat them at the end of the season.  Most people that predicted the Bulls records this year had us somewhere in the middle of the pack.  This team was one weekend away from winning the conference which is astounding considering the starting pitching we had going into the season and still the lack of any serious power on offense.  It might have been the best coaching Prado has done in his time here.  We've certainly had better hitting teams and better pitching teams.  The first loss in the tourney after being up 7 really was a shot to the kidney and ruined any chance of winning the tourney.  I would think this buys him some more time, at least a season.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

You guys need to get off the idea that there are no good athletes in the Northeast. Trenton, NJ has produced some big league ballplayers and it is a small town. You don't need sunshine and 90 degrees all year to produce soccer and baseball players.

Agreed! The same is true for football.
There's good athletes up north, just not that many great college programs up north. Their best players end up playing for schools down south and therefore the big name NE schools are left in the dust. Penn St baseball? Bad. UConn baseball? Getting there. Boston College? Atrocious. Syracuse doesn't even play it...meanwhile every single flagship university in the south and on the west coast is at worst an above average program, and mid majors in the state of Florida, Cal, NC, SC, etc are all on par (or better than) with the premier baseball programs in the states of Penn, Conn, NY, etc. Edited by SattyBull