• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fun Topic: Powerball Money and an On Campus Stadium

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

In "Five Question Friday" format....

Based on the OCS thread here and in it the talk of winning the Powerball Lottery, should you win the lottery:

1. What would be your estimated donation?
  2. Given naming rights in return what would it be (if your donation is $25 million or less, forget it)?
  3. What unique feature or design would you request as part of your donation?
  4. What/who does the statue out front depict or resemble?
  5. What would be your last football or stadium related request as a new big money donor to USF Athletics?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1. What would be your estimated donation? I'd give between 75-100 million
  2. Given naming rights in return what would it be? I'd honor Selmon and name it Lee Roy Selmon Stadium, but name the field in my families honor.
  3. What unique feature or design would you request as part of your donation? I'd start a USF football HOF in the stadium.
  4. What/who does the statue out front depict or resemble? Statue of Lee Roy and Leavitt surrounded by charging bulls. Their statues would be elevated slightly above the bulls around them.
  5. What would be your last football or stadium related request as a new big money donor to USF Athletics? An awesome large dedicated tailgate area outside the stadium featuring outside cabana bars serving food and drinks with a dj.
Edited by deters-
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

1. Donstion would br equal to the taxes on the lump sum money (nice write off)

2. Jim Leavitt Field at Lee Roy Selmon Stadium

3. A beer garden overlooking one of the endzones on the 100 concourse(think extended concourse replacing the top 10 or so rows on one side)

4. Lee Roy with that USF football when he was out trying to get the funding for the team

5. A section for people who dont want to stand. Get them somewhere else so everyone can enjoy the game but have it far enough from the field so the crowd noise isnt affected

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1. $56m

2. My House

3. Waterfall over a giant iconic U and flames shoot out when we score

4. Me

5. Ban the pre-game announcer

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

1) People give 10 % to their church. So I guess I could pony that up for my religion, The Bulls

2) Rocky and Bullwinkle Field of course. Trip would have a kitten.

3) I would have a Luxury box built onto the 50 yard line behind the bench and Hot would be required to perform there at least 4 times per game.

4) The statue would have to be my Dad, who paid for my education and has been gone 5 years now.

5) I would want to have a Live Brahma Bull run onto the field and would want the Stadium to serve as many beer types as could be located at any given time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Assumption: Payout is $200 million lump-sum after taxes.

1. What would be your estimated donation? $100 million
  2. Given naming rights in return what would it be (if your donation is $25 million or less, forget it)? LRS Memorial Bullpen (it's not a stadium, see?)
  3. What unique feature or design would you request as part of your donation? Seatbacks only between the 30's, bleachers elsewhere. Seatbacks and bleachers would ring like cowbells when struck. The whole stadium becomes one giant noisemaker. The words "Down in front" would be banned.
  4. What/who does the statue out front depict or resemble? LRS
  5. What would be your last football or stadium related request as a new big money donor to USF Athletics? Scatter my ashes at midfield after I die.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Assumption is that lump sum is $200M after taxes. 

1. $100M. 

2. The Bullring at Selmon Stadium. 

3. Make the field large enough to support a cricket pitch (my other great sporting love is cricket), and use the additional space to place student bleacher sections around the field in seasonal seating (not sure if this can be done, but would be a huge home field advantage to have  a few thousand screaming students right on top of the field to disrupt communications). 

4. A bull similar to the ones in front of the Marshall Center and Sun Dome being raised by Jim Leavitt. 

5. A luxury suite for life for me and anyone I choose to bring. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

Assumption of $200 million

1. What would be your estimated donation? $100 million
  2. Given naming rights in return what would it be (if your donation is $25 million or less, forget it)? Leavitt Field at Lee Roy Selmon Stadium
  3. What unique feature or design would you request as part of your donation?  A tribute to the history of USF Football
  4. What/who does the statue out front depict or resemble?  Jim Leavitt in the FSU win Bull Horns pose, or something similar *
  5. What would be your last football or stadium related request as a new big money donor to USF Athletics?  Maybe a sideline pass

*** FATQICQGKVMNKVS.20090930143400.jpg

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

1. What would be your estimated donation? 100million
  2. Given naming rights in return what would it be (if your donation is $25 million or less, forget it)? Jim Leavitt Pasture at the Lee Roy Selmon Memorial Bullpen
  3. What unique feature or design would you request as part of your donation? A bull pen area on the adjacent end of the stadium from the student section that housed a live bull!
  4. What/who does the statue out front depict or resemble? there would be 2 one opposite entrances.  1 - LRS holding the football 2 - Jim Leavitt after FSU. 
  5. What would be your last football or stadium related request as a new big money donor to USF Athletics?  I would want 4 - 50 yard line - 1st row tickets on the bulls sideline for life and for them to make a ring of honor named after my family around the stadium  - like Prevatte Memorial Ring of Honor

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm planning to play $5 today. If I win, USF would get 100 million toward the stadium.

My only condition:

Leavitt Field at Lee Roy Selmon Stadium

And I would be an anonymous donor.

Also, I'd donate some money to Brad to hire on a team of designers, photographers, whatever he needs, to make the BullsPen a souped up Lamborghini of a site for the next 50 years!