• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whiney FSU Article on Playing USF Again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Some of us are looking forward to playing UCF(Ill take the flack).   It will eventually lead to a good rivalry with the close proximity and the hatred for each other, (More from UCif than USF fans).    My point I was making is FSU complains in the article above that tickets were not made avail,  and we are not a worthy opponent, than on ESPN the link I posted , they have to make a rule in the ACC because they cant even sell out 10,000 for the conference Championship game and lost 440,000 dollars because the fans couldn't be bothered.   Which one is it? Are we more worthy than the ACC championship game or do FSWho fans just like to complain. 

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I all know is the Gospel according to Willie, Chap12 verse 4. "We bow to NO team".

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Didn't FSU need the state senate to force UF into playing them?

Anyone?  I am correct, aren't I?

Yes, sir ......... I think.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Anyone? I am correct, aren't I?

Yes, sir ......... I think.

The Legislature threatened enacting a special law that would have forced the schools to play each other, but the schools wanted to avoid that so they've just agreed to schedule each other every year. That's my understanding.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

FSU at one point was the equivalent of USF in its current state and UF blocking it at every juncture so I wouldn't be surprised but we are talking decades ago.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

FSU and UF share the same snobby self-entitlements where they think that if they somehow go on a "reachable" road game, they should have home field advantage.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU EVEN GOING ON THE ROAD FOR? That is such BS, you go on the ROAD to play against a ROAD crowd full of opponents' fans (hostile or friendly), not pack their house with your fans. Okay, if you do, like with USF in 2012, then fine. But there should be NO expectations that you go down the road and have the crowd be in your favor. Some people will NOT be able to get tickets. BOO ******* HOO.

I'm seriously so tired of this - I'm sure it happens in other states when the big bully established team manages to visit a "lowly little sister" school. **** those arrogant fans, I hope Taggart runs up the score on them both years.

Umm.....So was FSU's visit to Norman a few years ago a home game for them? What about back in 2003 when they went up to South Bend and utterly embarassed ND 39-0? What about the "home" game they have scheduled in Dallas against Ok State in 2014? What about the "home" game in Atlanta against GEORGIA in 2015?

FSU's MO isn't about having an away game that's like a home game. UF on the other hand, THEY are the chickens. It's been over 20 years since they left the state of Florida for an OOC away game. 1991 against Syracuse (and they lost!). They haven't won an OOC outside the state of Florida since 1989 when they beat Memphis State (now just Memphis), oh, and they lost to that same Memphis State team at HOME in 1988. 

Get your facts straight. 

FSU fans are complaining because a win against USF means nothing to them. Granted, a win against Texas State & Chattanooga mean nothing, but at the same time, they'll win those 2 games by a combined 90-21 most likely. Texas State & Chattanooga won't spend their entire off-season preparing to "get up" against FSU. USF on the other hand, will throw all of their dice into preparing for FSU, show up to the game, then struggle to get through the rest of their weak conference schedule (i.e. 2009). 

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

FSU fans are a joke. They walk around thumping their chest like its the mid 90's again. NOT THAT GOOD.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

FSU and UF share the same snobby self-entitlements where they think that if they somehow go on a "reachable" road game, they should have home field advantage.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU EVEN GOING ON THE ROAD FOR? That is such BS, you go on the ROAD to play against a ROAD crowd full of opponents' fans (hostile or friendly), not pack their house with your fans. Okay, if you do, like with USF in 2012, then fine. But there should be NO expectations that you go down the road and have the crowd be in your favor. Some people will NOT be able to get tickets. BOO ******* HOO.

I'm seriously so tired of this - I'm sure it happens in other states when the big bully established team manages to visit a "lowly little sister" school. **** those arrogant fans, I hope Taggart runs up the score on them both years.

Umm.....So was FSU's visit to Norman a few years ago a home game for them? What about back in 2003 when they went up to South Bend and utterly embarassed ND 39-0? What about the "home" game they have scheduled in Dallas against Ok State in 2014? What about the "home" game in Atlanta against GEORGIA in 2015?

Umm ... You completely missed his point there. Do you need someone to explain to you what "reachable" road game and "lowly little sister" means?

FSU fans are complaining because a win against USF means nothing to them. Granted, a win against Texas State & Chattanooga mean nothing, but at the same time, they'll win those 2 games by a combined 90-21 most likely. Texas State & Chattanooga won't spend their entire off-season preparing to "get up" against FSU. USF on the other hand, will throw all of their dice into preparing for FSU, show up to the game, then struggle to get through the rest of their weak conference schedule (i.e. 2009).

Would this fall under the umbrella of butt hurt?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

FSU fans are a joke. They walk around thumping their chest like its the mid 90's again. NOT THAT GOOD.

I can't wait until we are NOT THAT GOOD!

Do some of you see what you are posting? FSU has certainly lost a lot of it's luster, but they still have some, we have none. I hope we make them regret signing to play us again, I also hope that we could somehow work something out where we could play them on a regualr basis. Their fan base is built of mostly really nice people, but just like all other fans we tend to only remember the douchebags.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0