• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whiney FSU Article on Playing USF Again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

My response to the writer

"Try and take this unbiasedly, as I hold an undergrad degree from FSU and am currently enrolled in the USF College of Medicine (superior to FSU's facilities. USF's undergrad program as well).

Anyway...

I had to send you an email to comment on your recent article about the USF vs. FSU series. But, please bare with me as I am on my iPhone and will bulletize this to make this more easy on myself and easier for you to read. 

-"At least we didn't need to get the Senate involved." Yes, at least we (USF) didn't need legislature threatening to enact a 'special law' to force you to play us...*Ahem UF* 

-You scoffed at how empty the stadium was...This is coming from a fan of the same team that recently lost over $400,000 dollars because of how poorly their bowl game tickets sold, correct? Which then prompted the league to revamp the way bowl game tickets were allotted? Ouch.

-You're quick to make excuses as to why the Bulls beat the 'Noles, but when the Bulls lost to the 'Noles you're just as quick to pass cynical judgement on the entire program. The fact is our record is split and many will say the state of the USF program in 2012 was much worse off than the FSU program in 2009. 

-"The same can be said for a vast majority of USF's players who never received an FSU scholarship offer and have a chip on their shoulder when they take the field against FSU." This is just immature writing at it's finest, how desperate of a writer are you when you stoop to same level and personally insult the players? It's classless and represents yourself and the Tom Nation in such a poor light. 

-Did you attend the game? I would like to know your sources (aside from the skewed population you frequent) regarding how poor the atmosphere was in Ray Jay? I did...I was with 13 other 'Noles and along with us everyone else in our (FSU) section had a great time. Truthfully Ray Jay is a far superior facility than Doak and the home fans were much more respectful. *Note that I leave current students out of this judgment and refer to the "adults."

-Poor sportsmanship...The poorest of sports in this series were the FSU fans in '09. Yes, I was there again. Please get back to me on having stand up citizen's as ball players when Wilder (or Warrick, Moss, Coles, Janikowski, the entire 2009 WR line,etc) can stay out of jail. There is a reason why we are called the Criminoles. Also, let us not forget how poor in taste it looks when the coaching staff allows the team to run the score up clearly less skilled opponents (Sav/Murray). 

-USF didn't secure a press conference room? Gee whiz a football coach had to stand against a wall. Really? What kind of backbone does this give your argument? You're grasping at thin air...What does this say for the FSU media relations team? Certainly this error is not as black and white and is partial in both ways. 

Look, I could go on but what I am getting at is your article does more harm than good. You come off as a whiny entitled brat who thinks his programs is as prestigious and deserving as Alabama's. You site no credible sources, base your article off your own emotions, grasp at meaningless and irrelevant content (because you certainly could not come up with any real reason as to why this is a bad series), and jump to the same conclusions as a drunken frat boy after the '09 loss. Your article wouldn't even muster up a passing grade in ENC1144, but perhaps it would in ENC 1142- Freshman Imaginative Writing Workshop.

I get it...I think. You're worried USF will beat FSU again and you're setting up the excuses in advance this time?

For the sake of the alumni who respect USF and recognize the reality that they could easily beat us and be more relevant than us in the next decade, keep it to yourself. It's an in state rival that shows tons of potential and is certainly an improvement from FSU's recent OOC schedule. 

Sincerely, 

An ashamed Nole who was only a Nole because he didn't get into Florida (I did for Med school if that means anything. UF that is...I didn't even apply to FSU)."

Thanks for sharing.  This is an interesting perspective and would like to hear if the writer responds.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

My response to the writer

"Try and take this unbiasedly, as I hold an undergrad degree from FSU and am currently enrolled in the USF College of Medicine (superior to FSU's facilities. USF's undergrad program as well).

Anyway...

I had to send you an email to comment on your recent article about the USF vs. FSU series. But, please bare with me as I am on my iPhone and will bulletize this to make this more easy on myself and easier for you to read.

-"At least we didn't need to get the Senate involved." Yes, at least we (USF) didn't need legislature threatening to enact a 'special law' to force you to play us...*Ahem UF*

-You scoffed at how empty the stadium was...This is coming from a fan of the same team that recently lost over $400,000 dollars because of how poorly their bowl game tickets sold, correct? Which then prompted the league to revamp the way bowl game tickets were allotted? Ouch.

-You're quick to make excuses as to why the Bulls beat the 'Noles, but when the Bulls lost to the 'Noles you're just as quick to pass cynical judgement on the entire program. The fact is our record is split and many will say the state of the USF program in 2012 was much worse off than the FSU program in 2009.

-"The same can be said for a vast majority of USF's players who never received an FSU scholarship offer and have a chip on their shoulder when they take the field against FSU." This is just immature writing at it's finest, how desperate of a writer are you when you stoop to same level and personally insult the players? It's classless and represents yourself and the Tom Nation in such a poor light.

-Did you attend the game? I would like to know your sources (aside from the skewed population you frequent) regarding how poor the atmosphere was in Ray Jay? I did...I was with 13 other 'Noles and along with us everyone else in our (FSU) section had a great time. Truthfully Ray Jay is a far superior facility than Doak and the home fans were much more respectful. *Note that I leave current students out of this judgment and refer to the "adults."

-Poor sportsmanship...The poorest of sports in this series were the FSU fans in '09. Yes, I was there again. Please get back to me on having stand up citizen's as ball players when Wilder (or Warrick, Moss, Coles, Janikowski, the entire 2009 WR line,etc) can stay out of jail. There is a reason why we are called the Criminoles. Also, let us not forget how poor in taste it looks when the coaching staff allows the team to run the score up clearly less skilled opponents (Sav/Murray).

-USF didn't secure a press conference room? Gee whiz a football coach had to stand against a wall. Really? What kind of backbone does this give your argument? You're grasping at thin air...What does this say for the FSU media relations team? Certainly this error is not as black and white and is partial in both ways.

Look, I could go on but what I am getting at is your article does more harm than good. You come off as a whiny entitled brat who thinks his programs is as prestigious and deserving as Alabama's. You site no credible sources, base your article off your own emotions, grasp at meaningless and irrelevant content (because you certainly could not come up with any real reason as to why this is a bad series), and jump to the same conclusions as a drunken frat boy after the '09 loss. Your article wouldn't even muster up a passing grade in ENC1144, but perhaps it would in ENC 1142- Freshman Imaginative Writing Workshop.

I get it...I think. You're worried USF will beat FSU again and you're setting up the excuses in advance this time?

For the sake of the alumni who respect USF and recognize the reality that they could easily beat us and be more relevant than us in the next decade, keep it to yourself. It's an in state rival that shows tons of potential and is certainly an improvement from FSU's recent OOC schedule.

Sincerely,

An ashamed Nole who was only a Nole because he didn't get into Florida (I did for Med school if that means anything. UF that is...I didn't even apply to FSU)."

You were doing so good until that last sentence .... :ph34r:

Ehh I see a few typos, but I was in a rush and eating on campus. As for the UF comment...It was a jab at his "FSU Scholarship" bs and I applied to 18 schools, none of them being FSU.

You are not alone. I never applied to FSU either lol.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

I all know is the Gospel according to Willie, Chap12 verse 4. "We bow to NO team".

Amen

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I all know is the Gospel according to Willie, Chap12 verse 4. "We bow to NO team".

Amen

There's my sermon for the day.