• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC future bowl situation is in complete shambles

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

A month ago everyone was freaking out because we didn't have any OOC teams scheduled for the next couple of years. Now it's the "we don't have any bowl game freakout". Everyone needs to take a sedative or a shot. The bowl schedule will work itself out. We don't even have a new conference until July 1. The sky is not falling, we will wind up with plenty of bowl opportunities. What we most need to be concerned with is getting our own house in order. Winning solves all of our problems. Just "Do Something".

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Agreed, I still think we snag the Sun Bowl. Would love to get the Heart of Texas Bowl as it is NYD game. I have no idea how CUSA got that one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Let's not get too nervous. ESPN still controls almost all the bowls. Sun belt and CUSA, especially as it is now, is not more interesting and will not have better bowls than we will. There will also be at large invites to some of the 2nd tier, better bowls. There is still a 6 win minimum to make bowl eligibility. If the NCAA starts changing that requirement then we are screwed.

And this is the the other consideration. ESPN has a major say in the vast majority of the bowls. They've had a big hand in the number of bowl games that have sprung up the past decade. I'd imagine that they realize ratings wise that other than 2 or 3 teams like BYU, Boise St, and the current Cinderella team, the best TV ratings of non-Power 5 bowl games are going to be ones with American conference teams. Bowl sponsors know this too. That should help. Contracts still in effect with other leagues though, won't. So it may take a couple of years for some better bowls to come into the fold. All the American conference schools can do is WIN until then.

Agreed, I still think we snag the Sun Bowl. Would love to get the Heart of Texas Bowl as it is NYD game. I have no idea how CUSA got that one.

Probably because they had Texas teams?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

Id be after these bowls:

Sheraton Hawaii

C-USA vs. MWC Honolulu, HI

Aloha Stadium Tues., Dec. 24

Little Caesars Pizza

Big Ten vs. MAC Detroit, MI

Ford Field Thu., Dec. 26

6:00 p.m. ET ESPN

Military

ACC vs. C-USA Washington, DC

RFK Stadium Fri., Dec. 27

2:30 p.m. ET ESPN

AutoZone Liberty

C-USA vs. SEC Memphis, TN

Liberty Bowl Tue., Dec. 31

Heart of Dallas

Big Ten vs. C-USA Dallas, TX

Cotton Bowl Wed., Jan. 1

12:00 p.m. ET ESPNU

ANY bowl where we can play a power 5 team. Take them from MAC/CUSA. (threw the Hawaii game in there bc thats just awesome)

If you don't play the "big boys" at every chance, you're a nobody.

CUSA owns the Heart bowl so that is out.

Hawaii to expensive (our cost projections just for airfare for the team and band 1,000,000)  let Cusa pay it.  (no one will go)

Little Caesars would be a tough sell for a southern league and it sits right in the MAC foot print with the #1 pic I doubt they would want us.  

CUSA has 5 bowls

* R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, Dec. 21, vs. Sun Belt Conference team.

* Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl, St. Petersburg, Fla., Dec. 23, vs. American Athletic Conference team.

* Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, Honolulu, Hawaii, Dec. 24, vs. Mountain West Conference team.

* AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Memphis, Tenn., Dec. 31, vs. SEC team.

* Military Bowl Dec. 27, will pit the eighth-place ACC team against an at-large team from Conference USA, officials announced this week

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF 1

ND 0

Just sayin

meaningless today

usf and the rest of aac is outside looking it

we are in the minors

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF 1

ND 0

Just sayin

meaningless today

usf and the rest of aac is outside looking it

we are in the minors

Smazza beat me to it.  

Love that we knocked off ND, but it was a terrible game and the season that followed was crap.  The season following that was one that I hope I'll forget about one day.  One day I'll get rid of a souvenir cup from that season, maybe when we can replace it with an AAC championship cup.

I would gladly have given up the ND win if we could have had a better overall outcome the last couple of seasons, but the win there did us absolutely no good.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Crappy seasons with win v. ND > crappy seasons without win v. ND.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Crappy seasons with win v. ND > crappy seasons without win v. ND.

I would have traded the ND game for 6-6 and bowl eligibility.  It was nice, but there are teams that beat ND every year.  There are teams with dozens of wins over ND.  Our 1 game against them in the grand scheme of things is meaningless to everyone outside of Bull Nation.  No one else cares, not even ND fans at this point.

Ask the Nole and Miami fans what they think about USF even though we've won a game over them.  5-7 and 3-9 mean a lot more than a one off victory.

And the bowl situation, as has already been mentioned is obviously getting worse.  If you're getting up in arms about it at this point, you missed what getting relegated to the AAC really meant when it happened a year ago.

• Upvote 1