• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

USF starts its trip to Oklahoma City in Gainesville

Florida (#2), USF, Georgia Southern, Hampton

Should we advance, Super Regionals would be in Louisville (#15) [unless UCLA, UAB, or IPFW upset UofL].  I'm sure that would be an interesting twist to have that rematch for Supers.

Edited by outrunner

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Bet this isn't what the Gators wanted to see. Ga Southern will be opening oppo. FL will play Hampton. Batten the hatches

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Wondering how the f*** Loserville gets to host a regional when we: finished as a 2 seed based off the regular season, beat them, and won the Big East tournament.

• Upvote 1

Wondering how the f*** Loserville gets to host a regional when we: finished as a 2 seed based off the regular season, beat them, and won the Big East tournament.

It's predetermined. They are the media darling now. The great Wizard ESPN has ordained it.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

RPI, but I agree, they shouldn't have got to host.  I checked a national softball forum and most people on there are are already talking about how awesome a UCLA @ UF Super Regional will be.  One person even said, "Relax Gator fans, USF is garbage this year"

If we play like we did against UL and ND, we will give the Gators all they can handle.  Still is sad that even after last season and winning the Big East this season, we're disrespected nationally.  Maybe this will help motivate the ladies for the postseason and play with a chip on their shoulder.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Seriously. If Kentucky (the state) can host two regionals, Florida can definitely squeeze two in.  Especially since they're probably the state of Kentucky a part, if not more. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

I'd like a little clarification on who hosts the super regionals.  If both seeded teams advance, obviously the higher seed hosts.  If one seeded and one unseeded team advance, I assume the seeded team hosts.  But if two unseeded teams advance, does the winner from the higher seeded bracket get to host, or is there some other way they determine that?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

RPI, but I agree, they shouldn't have got to host.  I checked a national softball forum and most people on there are are already talking about how awesome a UCLA @ UF Super Regional will be.  One person even said, "Relax Gator fans, USF is garbage this year"

If we play like we did against UL and ND, we will give the Gators all they can handle.  Still is sad that even after last season and winning the Big East this season, we're disrespected nationally.  Maybe this will help motivate the ladies for the postseason and play with a chip on their shoulder.

Actually got some pretty good pub on the selection show, with one analyst even picking that Regional for best storyline ..... Need to get some t-shirts printed with "I got this, coach" on them.

Our problem is that we don't scream loud enough. We don't have partisan advocates who spin ALL of our sports stories in our favor. The thing about becoming a tradition in College sports is that you have sportswriters, media hacks, radio jocks and TV color guys who will open their veins and bleed school colors. I'm not saying that they always create an accurate viewpoint but they certainly counteract the nattering nabobs who beat us down at every turn. We are allowing USF to be defined by UF, FSU, UM and UCF grads who are more than willing to take to the media to shoot down our advancement, achievements and goals. I went to USF when they didn't even have a FB team. I watched the Sundome being built. Sometimes I  take on the fight when someone trashes USF just because they are trashing my school. They might even be right sometimes, but they have to climb over me to get heard. I get frustrated because I hear people on here who I know love USF, but who have bought into the media hype. We have had 4 losing  FB seasons SINCE THE PROGRAM WAS BORN IN A STINKING MOBILE HOME!!!!! Granted we didn't care for the last couple of years and we made a big change and bit a big financial cookie to solve it. It's getting about time that the people who have a voice here start standing up for what we do have and quit whining about what we don't. The only way will ever "media" our way out of this is to take it to them whenever they want to put us at "the back of the bus".  Once more unto the breach my brothers....

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I was asking the same thing.  If it is only rpi then it is just stupid.  I was waiting for one of the analysts to say something the top 16 seeds and not a word out of any of them.  With the finish the Lady Bulls had they should have been hosting an opening round game.  And 11 SEC teams ?  Really ?  REALLY ?