• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's talk about the QB position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

And who wants a QB with the "yips" anyway? 

Do we need to bring in a psychologist instead of a coach to fix him? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

It's not so much what we want..Its what we have...thats the problem...BBM is hoping for a fix  I  hope for that also..I doubt it..but its ok to hope...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

John Smoltz brought in his Psychologist, Dr. Jack Llewellyn

to sit behind the dugout during games. Now he's a cinch for 1st ballot HOF. guess it kinda worked out there.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

CWT trying to grab EVERY available transferring QB should tell you enough about our QB situation. Despite what he says on record, neither Floyd nor Eveld can hack it and he's looking for a QB that can.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Mike White is our starter come fall if we don't get a transfer in here. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Ok we all know about "butterflies" payers get hit ,  get rid of the jitters  and get in the Groove...We just can't afford that with a QB...

Its like tryiing to kick a 50 yard field goal .. if you miss at 40 yards  during the game it's hard to go to 45 and 50. he will not get in the groove...

Some players can't handle the pressure and every hill becomes a mountain...If snaps are missed in the spring game  what about a real game???

Go Bulls

It's technique.  We are talking about a guy that never took a snap under center before he got to college.

You can't learn how to be taller, you can learn how to take a snap. 

If he did not learn  how to take a snap with the previous coaches teaching him....  is it their fault ...or his???

It will take a lot for me to get rid om MY JITTERS with him in there..

I realy don't want to take the risk unless its the lesser of all evils..

Um, that's kind of the point.  RIght now you have a walk-on senior, a RS Sophmore with one correctable issue, and a true freshman that hasn't even been on a college practice field.  Unless that changes, one of those guys is going to have to step up.  White will be trying to drink from a fire hose, and a summer of practice isn't suddenly going to make Eveld's arm stronger or more accurate.

Of all the scenarios, taking a snap is the easiest thing to fix.  Will it get fixed?  I don't know.  But he isn't  the first QB with this problem and won't be the last.  And it's been fixed before.  The Steve Blass comparison is ridiculous.

If any of you golf, you've probably heard about the  "yips". It can be overcome, and is a mental situation, not a physical. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yips

Point being those of you that think that he can't overcome the issue, have no idea WTF you are talking about.

That is not the proper hopeless, the sky is falling, nuclear meltdown attitude that is welcomed on these boards.  Soon you will be ridiculed for using sanity and reason.

Believe me, I know.

This is classic. Using terms like sanity and reason to rationalize 'yips'.

Oh and referencing Wikipedia too. Try looking up lucky rabbits foot while researching next time...

Are you denying the fact that people have mental blocks that prevent them from doing things? If so, you are expressing extreme unadulterated ignorance. Would you care to discuss he merits of my point of view? Or would you rather keep attacking me? I couldn't find any rabbits foot, or should it be rabbit's foot, or rabbits feet. Have great night.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/yips/DS00969

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/yips/DS00969/DSECTION=causes

I think he was defending you, not attacking you.

My bad.  You guys are right.  Once a guy fumbles snaps, he can't possibly be a good quarterback.  I mean, look how badly this guy's career tanked after fumbling four snaps in one game:

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/2012/12/19/3782928/colin-kaepernick-49ers-fumbles-jonathan-goodwin

This other Super Bowl QB (the winning one) has a fumbling snap problem as well.  Clearly it is impossible to overcome and impossible to win while having this problem.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=4092&t=11047722&p=4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Ok we all know about "butterflies" payers get hit , get rid of the jitters and get in the Groove...We just can't afford that with a QB...

Its like tryiing to kick a 50 yard field goal .. if you miss at 40 yards during the game it's hard to go to 45 and 50. he will not get in the groove...

Some players can't handle the pressure and every hill becomes a mountain...If snaps are missed in the spring game what about a real game???

Go Bulls

It's technique. We are talking about a guy that never took a snap under center before he got to college.

You can't learn how to be taller, you can learn how to take a snap.

If he did not learn how to take a snap with the previous coaches teaching him.... is it their fault ...or his???

It will take a lot for me to get rid om MY JITTERS with him in there..

I realy don't want to take the risk unless its the lesser of all evils..

Um, that's kind of the point. RIght now you have a walk-on senior, a RS Sophmore with one correctable issue, and a true freshman that hasn't even been on a college practice field. Unless that changes, one of those guys is going to have to step up. White will be trying to drink from a fire hose, and a summer of practice isn't suddenly going to make Eveld's arm stronger or more accurate.

Of all the scenarios, taking a snap is the easiest thing to fix. Will it get fixed? I don't know. But he isn't the first QB with this problem and won't be the last. And it's been fixed before. The Steve Blass comparison is ridiculous.

If it is so easy to fix why has it not happened in a year?