• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How big is the impact of signing a transfer QB this summer?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

First, do you think we will be good enough to make it to a bowl game without signing another QB this summer?

And, second, if we do sign another QB, be it Bench or someone else (like the QB from Arkansas!), would you feel better about making it to a bowl game?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Yes.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No.

Yes.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Too much uncertainty and lack of production at the QB position for us, so any other competition to the 3 we have is good, even the freshman hopefully pushes these 3.  Not sure a transfer is going to come right in and make a huge difference, but if it motivates one of them to step up than I'm all for it. 

I think some of us need to slow down with win expectations this year, yes it would be nice to get back to 6 wins...but we are young and inexperienced too many of the major positions (ones that have a lot to do with scoring and stopping scores).  So to think that a QB transfer is going to be a savior is a little out of reach for me.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

If we don't land a QB, I am not sure we make it to a bowl game. I don't think we win the conference even if we get a QB, but may have a shot for 6-7 wins.  1st season with a new coach are hard to tell with most teams.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Yes.

No.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

First, do you think we will be good enough to make it to a bowl game without signing another QB this summer?

And, second, if we do sign another QB, be it Bench or someone else (like the QB from Arkansas!), would you feel better about making it to a bowl game?

unless our qb plays greatly  improves from last year we will not make a bowl

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Even with a Steven Bench it's tough to tell if we'll get to a bowl game. It's not the same as with Trickett, in my opinion. Trickett would've about guaranteed a bowl game, I think. I'm not sure about Bench. He's an unknown. He's got some nice things about him, but also some things I don't necessarily love.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

It is possible to win with a middle tier quarterback and do quite well…I just don’t think unless there is marked approval that any of the existing qb can take us to a bowl.

Both Grothe and Daniels had good arms, legs and mobility.  When protection broke down the scramble, broken play option run-pass was available.  I have seen none of that with the existing roster.

USF is not whole yet but much better with moral etc so it should be able to compete in AAC.. I we were to land a qb transfer that could gell the team together and electrify like BJ Daniels or Matt Grothe we could win as many as 7-8 games…

USF has historically been better at defense as witness by the NFT draft…Our defense has put our offense on the field by fumble recoveries, interceptions and three and out’s

So next year should be interesting…

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Sigh.