• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deatrick Nichols, CB, Miami Central HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I began the one man campaign to get DN ranked by 247 tonight. . it will get loud before it get's quiet. You guys believe me don't you? It's time to quit letting big media call ALL the shots. Anyone who wants to support defeating the injustice, twitter handle is @billreef. They are screwing with a young man's future. I really don't think they want this fight.

How exactly are they screwing with his future??

By not ranking him, despite having seen him play, literally hundreds of times, they keep him from presenting his credentials on a fair and equal basis.. This isn't about me. Support the kid. Even if he wants to jump ship and pursue another opportunity, support the kid. This ranking gamesmanship is egregious and corrupt. If the kid isn't getting ranked because they are trying to keep us at a certain level wouldn't you agree that that is inherently unfair to the SA? The evidence is this case is overwhelming.

Has there been a response when they're asked why he doesn't have a ranking yet? ..... But to be honest, looking at his offer list, I don't see where that matters. He's got offers from some pretty prestigious college football programs if he chooses to change his mind .... His future path right now includes an education at a pretty good school near and dear to our hearts and the chance to possibly be in on the ground floor of something special football wise here. Sorry but I just don't see the angst over this .... but do what you feel you gotta do.

I've been asking politely for a couple of weeks now and haven't heard a peep. To be honest. I think this one is all about us. If DN was to receive a correct ranking of high 3 stars, let's say, It would elevate us into the sub 30 recruiting class territory. Unheard of and unacceptable for a team not in the p5. Nichols is collateral damage to them. But almost a more egregious foul because of that. They are willing to suborn him in order to demote us. I am just sick of their belief that they can do whatever they like with impunity. I think all of you know how pugnacious I can be when hanging on to something I believe in. Quite simply, I am appalled by this and will pursue it until they quit doing it. I will make them famous if they insist. I would ask that (leaving any past differences aside) anyone who can communicate with them, transmit the seriousness of my intent and if you believe what I do, EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT. Please do so now.
While I'd like to have the publicity that goes with a ranked recruiting class from the top sites, we're far from being the first mid-level team to crack the rankings. Big East teams have done it a number of times the past few years, including us. Not to mention, TCU did it a couple years ago before being a member of the Big 12. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I began the one man campaign to get DN ranked by 247 tonight. . it will get loud before it get's quiet. You guys believe me don't you? It's time to quit letting big media call ALL the shots. Anyone who wants to support defeating the injustice, twitter handle is @billreef. They are screwing with a young man's future. I really don't think they want this fight.

By not ranking him, despite having seen him play, literally hundreds of times, they keep him from presenting his credentials on a fair and equal basis.. This isn't about me. Support the kid. Even if he wants to jump ship and pursue another opportunity, support the kid. This ranking gamesmanship is egregious and corrupt. If the kid isn't getting ranked because they are trying to keep us at a certain level wouldn't you agree that that is inherently unfair to the SA? The evidence is this case is overwhelming.

Has there been a response when they're asked why he doesn't have a ranking yet? ..... But to be honest, looking at his offer list, I don't see where that matters. He's got offers from some pretty prestigious college football programs if he chooses to change his mind .... His future path right now includes an education at a pretty good school near and dear to our hearts and the chance to possibly be in on the ground floor of something special football wise here. Sorry but I just don't see the angst over this .... but do what you feel you gotta do. 

if you're not a paying subscriber, do you really think bugging them to rank a kid really matters to them?

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ihasconsprcythery.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

This is just on scout though right? He's already a 3* on rivals. Why not let this year play out and see where they put him. I'm surprised that they have all these kids ranked before playing their first senior year game anyway. I understand that Nichols has been playing varsity as a freshman, but you'd think they'd wait awhile before ranking all these kids. They're all ranked by February, when it really matters. Either way he's a heck of a CB. 

This is 247 that hasn't rated him yet (USF ranked #37 w/o him). He's a 3* also on Scout (USF ranked #59). Also a 3* on ESPN (USF not in top 30). Rivals has us at #41. Not sure if team rankings mean much at this point in all this. If it's going to mean anything of significance in the recruiting world, I'd assume it was the rankings in February.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

if you're not a paying subscriber, do you really think bugging them to rank a kid really matters to them?

Ahem

@mw98gt @BILLREEF we'll get it done soon. Don't worry.

Josh even gets it. Out of his control I assume. I hope they get it right when the finally rank Deatrick.

@BILLREEF you are bat **** crazy...and I love it! keep up the good work. Might actually have to start following you.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I support you Bill Reef.  If he was committed to Clemson they'd have him ranked immediately.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The trials and tribs of being a mid-major. Mid-majors don't pay their bills.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Yea Newberg only rates players from the Tampa area so not much he can do unfortunately at 24/7 the local guy where the prospect is from talks to the national guy about his thoughts on the player and then they come up with the rating.Porter was a 2 star DTQB when he committed and Josh had him re ranked as a high 3 star athlete the next day...

Edited by 206BULL

This is just on scout though right? He's already a 3* on rivals. Why not let this year play out and see where they put him. I'm surprised that they have all these kids ranked before playing their first senior year game anyway. I understand that Nichols has been playing varsity as a freshman, but you'd think they'd wait awhile before ranking all these kids. They're all ranked by February, when it really matters. Either way he's a heck of a CB. 

Not a single position player that has committed to a SEC team remains unranked on 247. I punter and 2 placekickers are unranked.I understand how that might unbalance rankings. Not ranking DN is horse hockey. Can't have USF exceeding the team rankings of SEC teams. That wouldn't fit the official P5 story, huh?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1