• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tradition vote on blackboard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

For some reason I can't find the vote on blackboard... Did they take it down?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I still have no clue why we are using such a racist tool anyway.... Could have just called it a board, but whatever I guess

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Having cowbells at the game is a horrible idea. It makes the fanbase seem like backwater, country bumpkin, hicks. Is that how you want your alma mater potrayed?

I cringe at all those who bring cowbells to the Trop.

I like the throwback idea, though.

Edited by Leviathan

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Cowbells??? They are annoying enough at the Rays games. You might as well replace them with Vuvuzelas (the annoying horn things from the World Cup in Africa). I can see it now, some drunk a-hole ringing a cowbell in my ear all game. Top 5 is pathetic... I don't want to live in this world anymore.  :facepalm:

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

We're just tryin' to manufacture a tradition. It ain't like we wanna wait thirty years for something to develop. Could it be we're trying a wee bit too hard?  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I bring a cowbell to the games with me. It's a USF cowbell too... don't remember where I got it. I get people asking me where I got it all the time and the people in my section are never bothered by it. I don't use it the entire game, but on big 3rd down plays I ring the hell out of it! It makes more sense to me to have a cowbell at Bulls games than it does to have them at Rays games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019

Cowbells??? They are annoying enough at the Rays games. You might as well replace them with Vuvuzelas (the annoying horn things from the World Cup in Africa). I can see it now, some drunk a-hole ringing a cowbell in my ear all game. Top 5 is pathetic... I don't want to live in this world anymore.  :facepalm:

Next semester's tradition vote will probably have vuvuzelas if the cowbell thing doesn't take off...

I appreciate the effort, but it seems our only tradition is to vote what traditions to run with for a few months and see if it sticks.

Would be nice if they could find something small that is already going and support it so it grows into a tradition. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Those $8 towels were a great idea last fall. Lets push those again.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

Having cowbells at the game is a horrible idea. It makes the fanbase seem like backwater, country bumpkin, hicks. Is that how you want your alma mater potrayed?

I cringe at all those who bring cowbells to the Trop.

I like the throwback idea, though.

You do know that USF's first unofficial fight song was Dixie?

I also hate to break it to you but Tampa is in Florida, which is in the South... thanks to the liberal media the entire nation thinks we are all backwater hicks as it is... do you honestly think that a cowbell at a football game which is broadcast on ESPN3 is gonna tant our image any more?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

Oh, I dunno. I think that we provide the 'liberal media' with sufficient 'hey y'all, watch this!' moments that our image won't be severely damaged by cowbells. However, on reflection, I do agree that the cowbells can get obnoxious at times, and I assure you, the last thing we want is a stadium full of Vuvuzelas. I really do think a tradition is something that has to grow from infancy - and more or less develop over a good deal of time.  It's almost like we see these other programs, Oklahoma, Auburn, Notre Dame with their traditions - and we yearn for something like that...like we can go to the Tradition Store and buy one and suddenly we're just par with them...we're now one of the cool kids. While I don't see anything on the list that leaps out as sustainable, I do applaud the effort to plant some sort of seed.