• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What did you take away from the spring?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

We always look like crap in the spring game. I've never come away from one feeling like I got a sense of how the team would be in the fall. Same feeling today.

Thinking the exact same thing. 3 different coaches with mostly the same results ...

One thing hadn't see mentioned yet was the officiating, specifically the two personal fouls called on the db's ...

I think they were calling the game pretty strict (which I prefer because I hope it teaches them to be cautious). A couple of the personal fouls looked clean but were big hits. I think they called helmet to helmet on them. Coach T ripped into the players a few times and you can see how fired up he gets, without being a maniac like Leavitt. He is the perfect combination of our two previous coaches. 

One personal foul was a sack where I think one of the LBs started showboating and pretending to swim in money being thrown on him by two other players. I laughed when I saw it....but Coach T...did not. He tore that kid a new one.

That was DeDe and CWT pulled him back on the field to talk to him, more calmly, during the opposing team's first play from scrimmage ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I saw him do that a couple of times. He really tore into Floyd at one point, then had him come back out to him when he calmed down to teach

Love the intensity.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I saw him do that a couple of times. He really tore into Floyd at one point, then had him come back out to him when he calmed down to teach

Love the intensity.

I watched this start….A USF player on the turf swimming  with a breast stroke…

I wondered what was happening……Then Coach Willie T on the scene…

A new xxx being torn…My interpretation of the gestures were..

That would cost us 15 yards…followed by this is not a “Gameâ€â€¦its serious..and sent him off the field…

My next thought was….DISCIPLINE….. BUSINESS…..

I like it….There will be no HIGH FIVES like I witnessed in UofL game while we were loosing last year…

Go Willie T

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

Willie Davis looked like our best RB out there. Shaw has speed and flashes of talent but I don't believe he'll have more than a few carries per game. I think we'll see a freshman RB play a big role this year.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Wow... were there people actually expecting to see season-ready play from an evenly splt (read, diluted) group of players after only several practices?  No blitzes allowed, instant sacks by fingernail touches.

I enjoyed the game and the chance to see new players for the first time and old players in both familiar and new positions.  Loved seeing familiar faces in the stands, too.  I'm sure the coaches also got some great film on how players react in different situations during game-simulated play... some great film to review so they can fine tune things starting this summer.

• Upvote 1

Wow... were there people actually expecting to see season-ready play from an evenly splt (read, diluted) group of players after only several practices? No blitzes allowed, instant sacks by fingernail touches.

I enjoyed the game and the chance to see new players for the first time and old players in both familiar and new positions. Loved seeing familiar faces in the stands, too. I'm sure the coaches also got some great film on how players react in different situations during game-simulated play... some great film to review so they can fine tune things starting this summer.

+1 thank you for bringing some sense into this thread. People calling for 4-8 seasons based off of 1 SPRING FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE. Most of the other schools fooled around during their spring game (see clowney from usc coming off the sidelines for a td pass, nebraska letting a child with brain cancer run for a td..which was so awesome i nearly shed tears, or miami letting a rehabing player come in and catch a td)

Coach T took this serious. He does not mess around, and I love it. He knows he has a lot of work to do. He is going to change the attitude here at USF. This team WILL play harder than we've ever seen.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I really like Coach Taggart's attitude that everything is a competition. There will be a winner and a loser in EVERYTHING that we do. I LOVE that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Wow... were there people actually expecting to see season-ready play from an evenly splt (read, diluted) group of players after only several practices? No blitzes allowed, instant sacks by fingernail touches.

I enjoyed the game and the chance to see new players for the first time and old players in both familiar and new positions. Loved seeing familiar faces in the stands, too. I'm sure the coaches also got some great film on how players react in different situations during game-simulated play... some great film to review so they can fine tune things starting this summer.

+1 thank you for bringing some sense into this thread. People calling for 4-8 seasons based off of 1 SPRING FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE. Most of the other schools fooled around during their spring game (see clowney from usc coming off the sidelines for a td pass, nebraska letting a child with brain cancer run for a td..which was so awesome i nearly shed tears, or miami letting a rehabing player come in and catch a td)

Coach T took this serious. He does not mess around, and I love it. He knows he has a lot of work to do. He is going to change the attitude here at USF. This team WILL play harder than we've ever seen.

I don't think there was a question of Leavitt's teams playing hard.  Sometimes too hard (undisciplined) .  Skips guys, another matter.

• Upvote 1

Nobody left on this team from leavitt's squad. Was pertaining to the players, not the program. Should have cleared that up, my apologies.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Wasn't DeDe leavitts?  Also, kinda off topic but he had high praise from Sam Barrington when he was after him in high school and even while at USF.  Do you think now that he is the LB coach at SF that he will sign Barrington?  or recommend they give him a shot?  That would be pretty sweet.