• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Saturday April 13 Events

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Along with the Spring Game at 5 PM, the baseball team will be playing Alcorn State at 7 PM and the softball team will be playing Providence at 1 and 3 PM. 

I'm no marketing guru, by any stretch of the imagination, but wouldn't it make more sense to schedule the events so that alumni or fans could attend more of the events and make the day an event in and of itself?

Example: 

Move one of the softball games to Friday or Sunday, Schedule the baseball game Saturday at 10 or 11 am with the softball game to follow at 1 or 2 or vise versa. Then move the Spring Game back to 6 or 7. 

Call it the Spring Day of USF or something cornier, but a fan could make a day of it. 

Just wondering out loud. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

WOOLARD MUST GO!!!!!

:D

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

That's not a terrible idea, if all events were on-campus.  So let us ask la question grande...

Do you want to move the spring game to USF (isn't there some stretch of a hundred yards around there*...the old track venue?) and connect it to other events?

The reason I pose putting it at USF, is - just me - I'm not driving all over Hillsborough County for "USF Day", but I can cool my jets in one venue for an extended period of time. 

* this is not OCS bait

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

That's not a terrible idea, if all events were on-campus.  So let us ask la question grande...

Do you want to move the spring game to USF (isn't there some stretch of a hundred yards around there*...the old track venue?) and connect it to other events?

The reason I pose putting it at USF, is - just me - I'm not driving all over Hillsborough County for "USF Day", but I can cool my jets in one venue for an extended period of time.

* this is not OCS bait

That would be the logical thing to do, but alas, we couldn't sell any new season tickets it the spring game was not at Ray Jay!

No. I'm not really 

* this is not OCS bait

It would be nice to have a fair like event on campus. 

However, from my viewpoint having everything on campus is not a priority. Having the option to attend all of the events is. Just provide scheduling for those who would like to do the same. Right now, that is impossible. 

The coaches clinic was/is on campus and we attend the Bulls Rally event in Clearwater held the same day. This fall, when the scheduling permits, we'll be attending soccer matches and football games on the same day. Having the events at two places on the same day doesn't bother me. 

I'm not talking about spending a pile of cash, just schedule accordingly, create some cute cuddly name, and do a little marketing to make it an event of sort, not some big extravagant hoedown. Yes, it's half-assed, but it's better than nothing, which is what we have, now.

No offense to the marketing staff, but that seems right up their alley. :D   ;)

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I agree. Would love to go to BOTH the Spring game and baseball game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

That's not a terrible idea, if all events were on-campus. So let us ask la question grande...

* this is not OCS bait

There was an attempt to move it to campus about five years ago for similar event. Didn't work out as you know. I was in favor of it going on campus.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I liked it on campus

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Didn't we actually have TWO spring games the year Griffin got injured in one of them?

One in RJS and the other on-campus?

^ Yes, the last 2 years under Holtz we had 2, but neither were really games like what we will see Saturday. They were simply scrimmages. Taggart obviously wants a different culture.

Cincinnati did not even have a spring game this year. Tubberville felt he needed the extra day of practice instead. Let's see how that works out for them.