• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's basketball problems.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The AD has already been fired.

Question now is, will the Prez get fired now too?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

To all the Lets Fire our AD   Follow Rutgers the next few years.....and observe the Athletic Department....how long does rebuilding take..not just Basketball.but all sport programs???? 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

You really don't know a ******* thing about this, do you? You want to know why he got fired, because the video was made public. Rutgers as an institution is on thin ice already when it comes to anything involving homophobic insults, actions, etc. and this already cost the coach and AD their jobs and might take the president of the university down with it if the faculty have their way. Explain how that has anything to do with his record.

You are correct ...It was made public.....But WHY was it made PUBLIC.....Penn State covered it up for years...

Insults are a fact of life in the locker room...they are used to get a players attention and to try to get them excited and focused.....I can asure you that the Half time in a locker room can be very unpleasant.

The trick is to find the right balance...and some coaches are better than others......I take no offense to homophopic insults...."What are you a sissy" is as old as the hills...I'm not saying this or defending this but any player who has gone from Pee-Wee to College ball has probably heard it 100 times....

IMO there are plenty of "KINGS" in waiting looking for a high paying position in Rutgers...and pulling lots of strings and making phone calls... IMO the Abuse is a TOOL but not the reason...

facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf

Ha ha. That's a good one. I do wonder if there's even enough merit to have a .gif of a guy hitting his head against the wall.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,013
  • Days Won:  469

I actually like the fact the AD risked (and lost) his job trying to "rehab" Rice - if in fact that plan was to put him under training and set expectations for his performance.  The AD could have had a rigid and structured manner to deal with this (that should have been underway already) that would have led to a better outcome - even with the apparently scorned Murdock still stirring the pot.  Sounds like that plan was neither actually thought of or implemented.  The AD, in the end, likely got what he deserved.  Appears he didn't give Rice the serious and strict attention this situation called for.

This is a real close one, but overall I agree that rehab was a legitimate, albeit gutsy, option.

Rice's behavior was unacceptable and way overboard. But, as a result, he was reprimanded, suspended, fined, and sent to anger management. It's unclear as to whether or not they were monitoring his progress during the season, but I think that should've been done as well. In the event any of the behavior returned, it'd be immediate grounds for termination. Again, this is a real close one, and I could've also seen merit in firing him from the onset.

I don't think the AD should've been fired, though, for trying to rehab the guy.

Gutsy indeed.  But it seems he didn't really follow through.  The tapes they handed out to the fired assistant they should have monitored themselves and apparently did not.  I think the AD got what he deserved.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

You really don't know a ******* thing about this, do you? You want to know why he got fired, because the video was made public. Rutgers as an institution is on thin ice already when it comes to anything involving homophobic insults, actions, etc. and this already cost the coach and AD their jobs and might take the president of the university down with it if the faculty have their way. Explain how that has anything to do with his record.

You are correct ...It was made public.....But WHY was it made PUBLIC.....Penn State covered it up for years...

Insults are a fact of life in the locker room...they are used to get a players attention and to try to get them excited and focused.....I can asure you that the Half time in a locker room can be very unpleasant.

The trick is to find the right balance...and some coaches are better than others......I take no offense to homophopic insults...."What are you a sissy" is as old as the hills...I'm not saying this or defending this but any player who has gone from Pee-Wee to College ball has probably heard it 100 times....

IMO there are plenty of "KINGS" in waiting looking for a high paying position in Rutgers...and pulling lots of strings and making phone calls... IMO the Abuse is a TOOL but not the reason... 

So you want us to believe you have been hanging around locker rooms , the question is where and when?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

:more troll BS :offtopic:

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
20px-Padlock-silver.svg.png

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families

Edited by bull-71

:more troll BS :offtopic:

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
20px-Padlock-silver.svg.png

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families

I take that to mean that you pulled your view of locker room (pee wee to college) behavior out of your ass.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,013
  • Days Won:  469

I'd take it for what it says.  A troll is a troll.

Isn't there a better forum to "cyber-bully" people?  

Bullying!!!  Since when is questioning what a person says in a forum (discussion) bullying?   It appears that you are a proponent of the pussification of American males.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If I look at a basketball game and ask the questions….

1. What hurts more an elbow in the ribs going up for a rebound or Getting hit by a basket ball made from rubber and filled with air……Probably the elbow.
  2. If  firing a coach for throwing a round, soft basket ball is grounds for firing…Why are players allowed to throw elbows without being expelled from College ?????

Get the Irony ????……

Did you see the video?  He attacked players from behind and wacked them on the neck/head.  And calling people racial and homophobic slurs at an institution of higher learning?  This guy needed to be fired.  

More people than the AD need to be fired.  The president is a joke, and someone in HR signed off on this "rehab".  If you run a company of 200 employees, you can try to rehab someone like this.  When you are a univeristy headed to the Big 10 is incredibly naive, no just plain stupid to think you can brush it under the rug.  When you are in the public eye, you can't have a hint of controversy.  And this is far worse than anything Leavitt or Leach did.  

How could anyone at Rutgers believe this would never see the light of day?

The answer is they knew it probably would eventually come out, but they had to keep it quiet long enough to get into the Big 10.