• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all USF Bulls in Georgia or planning to move here ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Curious GaUSFBull, can you get the GA Bulls plates personalized? How much?

You're gonna make him start another thread........

Might have to start a few more, if that bothers you ... :)

Define "few"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Curious GaUSFBull, can you get the GA Bulls plates personalized? How much?

You're gonna make him start another thread........

Might have to start a few more, if that bothers you ... :)

Everything you do bothers me, GA. Adding a few more redundant, insignificant threads will not change the landscape. Do your worst.... :argue:

Man, I can't tell you how good it is to know that, Bill. Thank you for posting on my redundant, insignificant thread, you fit right in! :D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Off topic but just spent 3 days around downtown Atlanta and any of you Bulls fans that live and work in that area are ******* nuts .... unless you have a helicopter.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

Still think it's really sad we could not scrape up 1000 people for those plates -- think it was even at a discounted price if I recall. 

Don't feel too sad.

It took FSU Alumni a couple years to get the FSU plate rolling in Georgia. It'll probably be a few years down the line before USF gets one. 

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

I was refunded my $25 application and given a cheap plastic Bulls license plate from our Alumni Assoc., nice!

Off topic but just spent 3 days around downtown Atlanta and any of you Bulls fans that live and work in that area are ******* nuts .... unless you have a helicopter.

When I first moved here, I had a field position that took me to downtown and the south end of ATL quite a bit - as well as north into the mountains.  Had a huge territory that covered most of North GA, but spent most of the time in the city.  You really get used to it when you're down there a bit, and you learn the way around fairly quickly.  

That said, it's a true urban jungle, and you have to make sure you're in and out after about 10 am and before about 3 pm.  Any other time, you'll be sitting in a parking lot for a while.  

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

No reason to move to GA now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

I caught a game with some alumni when I visited this past season and will be moving up for at least a few years starting this coming season. 

I don't know how to feel about Atlanta. On one hand, I liked my visit, and I've seen some beautiful areas and enjoyed the food and nightlife. On the other hand, I know that there are issues, like the lack of interest in solving transportation and the crime-filled areas.

I'm planning on living by Piedmont Park somewhere.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Georgia pretty much killed it when they started charging the yearly fee for personalized tags.

Previously, you paid the upfront fee for the personalized tag and the tag was yours for life with no further personalized tag fees....

Then the legislators decided to go back and say, well we're broke, so now we're going to charge you a yearly fee of $35 just to have a personalized tag ($35 goes directly into the GA general fund).

Don't forget that Georgia also charges a yearly tax on your vehicle based on it's value (that's changing now to a system similar to Florida, but is not retroactive to all vehicles already owned)...  That was quite a shock when I was told to cough up $250 to renew my car tag the first year I moved up here.

So, tons of personalized tags were not renewed, starting a year or two ago.

Edited by Romany

Don't forget that Georgia also charges a yearly tax on your vehicle based on it's value (that's changing now to a system similar to Florida, but is not retroactive to all vehicles already owned)...  That was quite a shock when I was told to cough up $250 to renew my car tag the first year I moved up here.

Yeah, this was a shock to me as well when I got here.  You can thank the Georgia "Clean Air" Campaign or what not for that ...