• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greed Of 3 Remaining Football Schools Causing Problems.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

ThE remaining teams can just offer up the same deal to MAC and Sunbelt teams. They don't need ya'll to necessarily get the Big East exit fees.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The funny thing is I don't see Temple saying a **** thing but thank you, I'll take the additional money.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

ThE remaining teams can just offer up the same deal to MAC and Sunbelt teams. They don't need ya'll to necessarily get the Big East exit fees.

Oh I am sure ESPN would love to renegotiate the TV deal with those MAC and Sunbelt teams instead of UCF, Houston, SMU, ECU etc.  That would really be a boon for the USF program.  The truth is the USF does not bring anything more to the table than those three teams.  The conference needs every perceived TV set it can get, and like it or not UCF is likely first in line when it comes to TV markets among the new teams. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Or, can't we just tell you to **** off and see which of the new members wants a yearly raise and which ones want to play in the old CUSA and roll the dice on that conference? As amazing of a score nabbing UCF, Memphis, SMU, etc. was, I think we'd be ok calling your bluff and taking FIU in your place. Whats the difference? Miami is bigger than Orlando and FIU seems to be on equal footing with you guys on the field over the past 3-5 years.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

So basically UCF and Co. are trying to threaten the remaining 3 Universities into shares of the money they have no legal rights to:

"Give us a nice cut otherwise we are taking our ball and going home and you'll probably get nothing"

I hope the 3 remaining schools give a collective "F&CK YOU"

I'd rather watch it burn than give you or any of the other non-deserving schools ANYTHING more than the $1 million we are graciously giving you.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Oh I am sure ESPN would love to renegotiate the TV deal with those MAC and Sunbelt teams instead of UCF, Houston, SMU, ECU etc.  That would really be a boon for the USF program.  The truth is the USF does not bring anything more to the table than those three teams.  The conference needs every perceived TV set it can get, and like it or not UCF is likely first in line when it comes to TV markets among the new teams. 

There is already no value in the current contract and the $30 million would be worth 20 years of the tv payouts so it really doesn't matter what 9 crap teams we get to join us or five for that matter if we want to see who amoungst you is willing to play lets make a deal. As for the payouts they most certainly are due no matter what happens to the league as our damages would still exist and their punishment for inflicting that damage was clearly spelled out. As for ucf this had nothing to do with them it's simply the case of people without always wanting to share with the people that have and those that have clearly not having the same sense of communal assets.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Plus, its also a matter of UCF sucking ****.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Or, can't we just tell you to **** off and see which of the new members wants a yearly raise and which ones want to play in the old CUSA and roll the dice on that conference? As amazing of a score nabbing UCF, Memphis, SMU, etc. was, I think we'd be ok calling your bluff and taking FIU in your place. Whats the difference? Miami is bigger than Orlando and FIU seems to be on equal footing with you guys on the field over the past 3-5 years.

Yeah, I like that. FIU doesn't cry like a little girl every-time they don't get something they don't deserve. The rest of em can decide to come on board or go conference shopping.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Yeah, I like that. FIU doesn't cry like a little girl every-time they don't get something they don't deserve. The rest of em can decide to come on board or go conference shopping.

FAU plays some big teams as well and would jump at the chance. Didn't they play 'Bama this year? They have an OCS to boot

OWLCATRAZ

Edited by Hem