• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greed Of 3 Remaining Football Schools Causing Problems.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Yes lightning strikes...It even strikes the same place more than once...IE The Empire State Building NYC...Here is my truth...USF can loose to UCF...but the odds are unlikely at the present time...

USF has played and won games against much higher and better ranked teams..But passes get dropped and fumbles happen..USF has had more wins against better teams then UCF...

UofL spanked the #3 Gators last year..We came close to beating them...As much as you would like to claim equality it's not there....Yes we are in the same conference..We might be equal partners..as far as voting..BUT ON THE PLAYING FIELD UCF STILL HAS A LONG WAY TO GO IF THEY THINK THEY ARE OUR EQUAL..

Go Bulls

Were any on those last year?  Back in the day (late 1800's) Princeton had a pretty good football team too.

Did you have season tickets for that Princeton team ?

• Upvote 1

Slick, you asked who beat an SEC team in a bowl game. I counter with who beat an SEC team that finished the season with a winning record? I'll answer for you , USF over Auburn at Auburn Sat. Sept. 8, 2007 26-23 in OT. They finished with a 9-4 (5-3) record with a win over Clemson in the Chick-fil-a bowl. Conversely the year ucf beat UGA, they finished with a final record of 6-7 (3-5). This has been a special presentation of fun with stats by B-B-M!

Of course we're going to lose to ucf, eventually.

USF didn't ever beat an SEC team in a bowl game.

I got a fun stat for you. Looking at Auburn, that season, 2007, where the only ranked team they could beat was one (Clemson) that lost to every ranked team they played, was the beginning of the end for Tommy Tuberville.  A 9-4 record may look great to you, but to Auburn fans, when 7 of those teams didn't win more than 7 games (most won only 5 or 6), and none were ranked, its not impressive.

Same team that beat the Gators at the Swamp.  Me thinks Auburn still was pretty good.

Ok Mr. knignt - back to the money.  My two thoughts -

1. Never should have offered anything to the new incoming schools - bad start for a negotiation - BE bad and it WILL end up costing the three Amigos some cash.

2. Let me start the negotiations.  Due to the fact that with these new incoming teams our TV contract is way down and therefore I think the entry fee needs to be increased fivefold to make up for the damage caused by them. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

:roflmao:  

Yes lightning strikes...It even strikes the same place more than once...IE The Empire State Building NYC...Here is my truth...USF can loose to UCF...but the odds are unlikely at the present time...

USF has played and won games against much higher and better ranked teams..But passes get dropped and fumbles happen..USF has had more wins against better teams then UCF...

UofL spanked the #3 Gators last year..We came close to beating them...As much as you would like to claim equality it's not there....Yes we are in the same conference..We might be equal partners..as far as voting..BUT ON THE PLAYING FIELD UCF STILL HAS A LONG WAY TO GO IF THEY THINK THEY ARE OUR EQUAL..

Go Bulls

Were any on those last year?  Back in the day (late 1800's) Princeton had a pretty good football team too.

Did you have season tickets for that Princeton team ?

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

When UCF paid to get in the conference, they knew a lot of teams were looking to bolt.  So they bought a bag of manure and expect it to be full of gold.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It's simple. Wave the entrance fees to the incoming schools and give them 1Mil each. If they don't think that's enough, then they can F off. I think making them pay an entrance fee is unfair, since there are only 3 old BE teams. But, in the end, the old 3 will bend some and give them more.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

When UCF paid to get in the conference, they knew a lot of teams were looking to bolt.  So they bought a bag of manure and expect it to be full of gold.

for years they have had a huge hard on to play us every year, always trying to explain why we were too stupid to see how it was good for us and even threatening legislation to force us to play, getting to play us yearly and be associated with us in general should be victory enough for them but they are never satisfied. We are your wet dream the least you can do is pay us the $30 million for the pleasure of our company.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

History, the hiring of GOL, would support that thought process.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Slick argues ANY counter-point he can, regardless of topic, regardless of team, all the time, ALWAYS. I'm sure you were a 3 time high school varsity champ on the debate team. Get a life bro.

Priceless considering who this is coming from, thebullspen knowitall.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Slick, you asked who beat an SEC team in a bowl game. I counter with who beat an SEC team that finished the season with a winning record? I'll answer for you , USF over Auburn at Auburn Sat. Sept. 8, 2007 26-23 in OT. They finished with a 9-4 (5-3) record with a win over Clemson in the Chick-fil-a bowl. Conversely the year ucf beat UGA, they finished with a final record of 6-7 (3-5). This has been a special presentation of fun with stats by B-B-M!

Of course we're going to lose to ucf, eventually.

USF didn't ever beat an SEC team in a bowl game.

I got a fun stat for you. Looking at Auburn, that season, 2007, where the only ranked team they could beat was one (Clemson) that lost to every ranked team they played, was the beginning of the end for Tommy Tuberville.  A 9-4 record may look great to you, but to Auburn fans, when 7 of those teams didn't win more than 7 games (most won only 5 or 6), and none were ranked, its not impressive.

Same team that beat the Gators at the Swamp.  Me thinks Auburn still was pretty good.

Florida Atlantic scored as many points against the Gators that Auburn did. Do you think Florida Atlanta is too?

Edited by slick1ru2