• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can I remind you guys about how good our team can be with...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

Personally I think our basketball program is going to do big things if we can be patient and continue to let heath build this program. Heaths system is meant to be ball controlling and run through a dominant big man. We have never had that type of presence I believe john ebagnu is that presence and will take us to the next level.

Edited by brodyheisman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

My opinion has been, and remains, that for the first time in a very, very long time, we are finally "building" the program for the long run.  Just by looking at the roster, with so many new guys to the team (Hawkins, Leday, White, Omo, Aleem, Brock) and trying to build a winning team against the schedule we had with 1 true returning starter was going to be tough.  I expected a dropoff (not as bad as one win in conference) this year.  I just didn't see anyone on this team with a track record over their career of really taking this team to a new level.

Statistically, Rudd is having the best year of his career in terms of FG% and ppg. Fitzpatrick's FG% is down, but ppg is up.  Poland is pretty much on par with his entire career's performance.  As much as we were hopeful at the beginning of the year that Rudd was going to live up to the star that he thought he was after 2 good games last year, nothing in his career really pointed to him or Fitz or Poland doubling or tripling their career performances to become true go to guys.  

With the maturing of Hawkins and Leday, another year under Collins' belt and hopefully with some people that can put the ball in the hoop consistently and the talented recruiting class (hopefully they live up to their recruiting status) I expect good improvement next year and a strong run in 2 years.  

Finally, we are building things for the future and hoping that it continues to build. Not like we have seen in the past where we build for one good year then tank for another 5.  With the youth here now and coming in there seems to be a flow of talent.  Not just for this coming year, but for a few into the future.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

My opinion has been, and remains, that for the first time in a very, very long time, we are finally "building" the program for the long run.  Just by looking at the roster, with so many new guys to the team (Hawkins, Leday, White, Omo, Aleem, Brock) and trying to build a winning team against the schedule we had with 1 true returning starter was going to be tough.  I expected a dropoff (not as bad as one win in conference) this year.  I just didn't see anyone on this team with a track record over their career of really taking this team to a new level.

Statistically, Rudd is having the best year of his career in terms of FG% and ppg. Fitzpatrick's FG% is down, but ppg is up.  Poland is pretty much on par with his entire career's performance.  As much as we were hopeful at the beginning of the year that Rudd was going to live up to the star that he thought he was after 2 good games last year, nothing in his career really pointed to him or Fitz or Poland doubling or tripling their career performances to become true go to guys.  

With the maturing of Hawkins and Leday, another year under Collins' belt and hopefully with some people that can put the ball in the hoop consistently and the talented recruiting class (hopefully they live up to their recruiting status) I expect good improvement next year and a strong run in 2 years.  

Finally, we are building things for the future and hoping that it continues to build. Not like we have seen in the past where we build for one good year then tank for another 5.  With the youth here now and coming in there seems to be a flow of talent.  Not just for this coming year, but for a few into the future.

+1000 wish people would just relax and support what Stan is doing here

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Nice to see some positivity on the boards. We WILL improve next year! Hawkins and LeDay have shown a lot of progress this year as well.

LeDay has a nose for the basket, he just needs to hit the gym more and hope he still has a little bit of growth left in him. He's scrappy; that's for sure.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

One good year out of 5 ?  I must have missed that over the last 20 years - OF COURSE EXCLUDING LAST YEAR.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Eeg and Perry are gonna love having AC at point the way he can dish and drive.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Wait 'til next year!

I would think that by now, you've probably developed a script to auto-post this at least once per season.

I lucked out this year...my two games were Georgia and Georgetown. 

I think "waiting" has somehow morphed into a lifestyle. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

One good year out of 5 ?  I must have missed that over the last 20 years - OF COURSE EXCLUDING LAST YEAR.

Why, you had a problem with 20-13 a couple of years ago?  

With the exception of the McCullum years and Heath having to clean that mess up the first couple of years we had a history of getting to 18/19 wins one year and then completely sucking the next 3 or 4.  Actually, there was a 3 or 4 year period for Greenburg when he had us around 18/19 wins.  The frustration with him and for him was he couldn't get us over the hump to the tourney.  

We never had a history of great teams, but I'll take 18 or 19 wins consistently and being on the bubble with a chance to make it into the dance every couple of years over this pattern of 1 decent year around the 20 win mark and then falling back to single digit wins for the next several.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Along the hoops line, watched Stan's TV show yesterday and had no idea the growth removed from Omo's pituitary gland last year was so serious. Even though the tumor was benign, he was six weeks away from possibly losing his eyesight if gone unchecked and the potential was there for it to have been a threat to his life ... and it was only the sharp eye of one of the staff that caught a symptom that discovered it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Along the hoops line, watched Stan's TV show yesterday and had no idea the growth removed from Omo's pituitary gland last year was so serious. Even though the tumor was benign, he was six weeks away from possibly losing his eyesight if gone unchecked and the potential was there for it to have been a threat to his life ... and it was only the sharp eye of one of the staff that caught a symptom that discovered it.

My goodness...that's scary!