• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Assistant applying for UM Tight Ends job?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Miami hires Larry Scott as TEs coach Associated Press | February 24, 2013 CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami has hired Larry Scott as tight ends coach, a move that comes with the Hurricanes opening spring practice this coming weekend. Scott has been an offensive assistant at South Florida since 2005, including four seasons as the Bulls' tight ends coach. Scott also played for the Bulls, and was part of the program's first recruiting class in 1996. There were indications over the weekend that he would stay with the Bulls, before striking the Miami deal. At Miami, Scott will replace Mario Cristobal, who was to have coached the Hurricanes' tight ends in 2013 before getting hired to be the offensive line coach at Alabama. Cristobal would have also held the title of associate head coach with the Hurricanes, before leaving six weeks into the job.

^^ Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Exact same story on Yahoo without the copyright notice so I replaced it.

Yahoo, pays/is authorized by AP to use their material.

Yahoo's news site and it's content is copyrighted - see the bottom of the page you copied the article from.

Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. | Yahoo! - ABC News Network |

I will make sure I no longer post any more stories or links to stories. I will just use the information cited in numerous articles with no reference. Better? 

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Media/pay site screwed the pooch? So when Taggart says publicly how excited he is to have kept Scott on his staff, when McGillis talks about it being Taggart's best recruiting job in the month of February to keep Scott on staff when two elite programs wanted him, we're supposed to leave that alone and not write anything, knowing that Scott could change his mind and leave? C'mon now ...

Not worth it Greg.... BW lives in his own reality that's separate from the logical world.

So did he leave? Kind of seems like my reality is actually....you know.... REAL!!!!! Not saying anyone was really wrong to report what they did, but they definitely missed the story. It's kind of the problem inherent in the 24/7 news cycle. Half the the stuff isn't true because no one has time to verify stories any more. Nature of the beast. Greg is usually better than most but the pay sites are rife with scuttlebutt and inaccurate info.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

USF is now a stepping stone job...I sure hope we can change that very very soon or other alums might be jumping to support other more worthy endeavors. Leavitt and Lee Roy Selmon were USF football and now we are left with an empty shell of what we were and what we could have been.

USF's been a stepping stone job for years. Wally Burnham to Iowa State, Dan McCarney to Florida and beyond (or was he at UF before us?), and others I'm sure. Is what it is.

Snyder to TAMU...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Media/pay site screwed the pooch? So when Taggart says publicly how excited he is to have kept Scott on his staff, when McGillis talks about it being Taggart's best recruiting job in the month of February to keep Scott on staff when two elite programs wanted him, we're supposed to leave that alone and not write anything, knowing that Scott could change his mind and leave? C'mon now ...

Not worth it Greg.... BW lives in his own reality that's separate from the logical world.
So did he leave? Kind of seems like my reality is actually....you know.... REAL!!!!! Not saying anyone was really wrong to report what they did, but they definitely missed the story. It's kind of the problem inherent in the 24/7 news cycle. Half the the stuff isn't true because no one has time to verify stories any more. Nature of the beast. Greg is usually better than most but the pay sites are rife with scuttlebutt and inaccurate info.

As usual you missed the point. USF... Thru multiple officials.... At two different times... Made official statements that Scott was staying. That's what was reported.

The fact that Scott then went back and changed his mind... Which he had every right to do... Doesn't change what was reported from the USF asst AD and CWT's actual statements. Are you really that dense?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

All these negative Nancy's and doom and gloomer's. We lost Scott, it sucks but shiz happens and life goes on. The "OH MY GOD WE'RE A STEPPING STONE MID MAJOR SUCK PROGRAM" comments are getting old.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

It was one of the pay sites that broke the story and the same site that reported that he was staying. This was ultimately confirmed by USF. Things changed b/c that same site reported that they were hearing rumors that this wasn't done and UM was still trying to hire him. 24 hours later Scott was a Cane. Seems to me that the pay site got it right.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

USF is now a stepping stone job...I sure hope we can change that very very soon or other alums might be jumping to support other more worthy endeavors. Leavitt and Lee Roy Selmon were USF football and now we are left with an empty shell of what we were and what we could have been.

USF's been a stepping stone job for years. Wally Burnham to Iowa State, Dan McCarney to Florida and beyond (or was he at UF before us?), and others I'm sure. Is what it is.

What about about that DC Snyder?

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

The end must be near, I find myself agreeing with Hem.

:blink:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

All these negative Nancy's and doom and gloomer's. We lost Scott, it sucks but shiz happens and life goes on. The "OH MY GOD WE'RE A STEPPING STONE MID MAJOR SUCK PROGRAM" comments are getting old.

Agreed.

Every job is a stepping stone unless you've reached what you feel is the best job you can possibly get/want. USF was a stepping stone for Scott? Big deal. Michigan State was a stepping stone for Saban, as was LSU. Florida was a stepping stone for Spurrier. OK State was a stepping stone for Les Miles. USC was a stepping stone for Pete Carroll. Did those of you that are whining about this actually think mid-level assistant at USF was Larry Scott's lifetime ambition?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

As usual you missed the point. USF... Thru multiple officials.... At two different times... Made official statements that Scott was staying. That's what was reported.

The fact that Scott then went back and changed his mind... Which he had every right to do... Doesn't change what was reported from the USF asst AD and CWT's actual statements. Are you really that dense?

I would say yes :D