Assistant applying for UM Tight Ends job?

bullcocky101

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

Sorry to see him leave. Glad we got a chance to speak with him at the signing day thingie.  Good luck to him personally but may Miami have no success.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Boy, the media and pay sites screwed the pooch on that story. Sorry to see him go.

Wonder if he got a stripper boat to help with recruiting. Word is that Clint Hurrt has one for sale on Craigslist.

You might want to check that... Taggart was the one that said he was staying publicly on Friday... no body mis-reported anything.

McGillis said basically the same thing on the 98.7 USF hour on Thursday evening....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Miami hires Larry Scott as TEs coach Associated Press | February 24, 2013 CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami has hired Larry Scott as tight ends coach, a move that comes with the Hurricanes opening spring practice this coming weekend. Scott has been an offensive assistant at South Florida since 2005, including four seasons as the Bulls' tight ends coach. Scott also played for the Bulls, and was part of the program's first recruiting class in 1996. There were indications over the weekend that he would stay with the Bulls, before striking the Miami deal. At Miami, Scott will replace Mario Cristobal, who was to have coached the Hurricanes' tight ends in 2013 before getting hired to be the offensive line coach at Alabama. Cristobal would have also held the title of associate head coach with the Hurricanes, before leaving six weeks into the job.

^^ Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Exact same story on Yahoo without the copyright notice so I replaced it.

Yahoo, pays/is authorized by AP to use their material.

Yahoo's news site and it's content is copyrighted - see the bottom of the page you copied the article from.

Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. | Yahoo! - ABC News Network |

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I wish Coach Scott the best, but hope we massacre the Canes this year. If you HAVE to lose a coach, it's kind of nice to lose one because he's GOOD at what he does for a change...and not because we fired him.

I also don't think this is the last we will see of Scott. I'd look to see him as an OC or maybe even HC back here one day...no matter where he goes, the guy will always be a Bull.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Odd move...leave a program that appears to be getting a little better (at least on paper) to go to a program that has been down and is about to really go no where once the NCAA gets done with them.  I know our BE uncertainty is out there, but I think we have a lot more upside than the U at least for the next 3-5 years, which I think in college football is a long time.

Hope it works out well for him

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Media/pay site screwed the pooch? So when Taggart says publicly how excited he is to have kept Scott on his staff, when McGillis talks about it being Taggart's best recruiting job in the month of February to keep Scott on staff when two elite programs wanted him, we're supposed to leave that alone and not write anything, knowing that Scott could change his mind and leave? C'mon now ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Media/pay site screwed the pooch? So when Taggart says publicly how excited he is to have kept Scott on his staff, when McGillis talks about it being Taggart's best recruiting job in the month of February to keep Scott on staff when two elite programs wanted him, we're supposed to leave that alone and not write anything, knowing that Scott could change his mind and leave? C'mon now ...

Not worth it Greg.... BW lives in his own reality that's separate from the logical world.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not worth it Greg.... BW lives in his own reality that's separate from the logical world.

Maybe we can squeeze another ******* crazy rant out of him since someone had the nerve to correct his post.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

USF is now a stepping stone job...I sure hope we can change that very very soon or other alums might be jumping to support other more worthy endeavors. Leavitt and Lee Roy Selmon were USF football and now we are left with an empty shell of what we were and what we could have been.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,995
  • Days Won:  4

USF is now a stepping stone job...I sure hope we can change that very very soon or other alums might be jumping to support other more worthy endeavors. Leavitt and Lee Roy Selmon were USF football and now we are left with an empty shell of what we were and what we could have been.

USF's been a stepping stone job for years. Wally Burnham to Iowa State, Dan McCarney to Florida and beyond (or was he at UF before us?), and others I'm sure. Is what it is.