• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women's Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Coach Erikson is the most successful coach at USF by a landslide.

Agreed. Also men's soccer coach (whose name is escaping me at the moment) would be ahead of Fernandez in terms of success at USF. But yes, great job by Fernandez this season and hopefully Doug Foolard will lock him up ASAP

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

From Brett:

@McMurphyESPN: Congrats to USF's @CoachJFernandez only coach in NCAAs w/out a contract for next season

Once a ****, always a **** ...

I don't see him doing anything wrong. I'm glad he is calling out this nonsense. 

I need to look into this but if it is true that coaches like Skip and Lelo get extensions, lose, and the most successful coach at USF gets nothing, Doug absolutely has some explaining to do. 

What makes this worse: Doug didn't make this hire. 

Got no problem with him bringing it to light if he wants but to do it in a supposed congratulatory tweet is a **** move by a **** "reporter" ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Congrats to the ladies!!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What's the TV situation looking like for our game? Anyone know?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Happy for the girls, but that's a tough draw.  They can beat Texas Tech, but California will be a very tough match up.  Too bad we weren't an 11 seed.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Saturday at 6:30 PM

Bulls Punch Their Ticket to NCAA Tournament

By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

TAMPA - USF's season goal has been accomplished and now the Bulls want much more.

The Bulls are back in the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2006 and start off as a No. 10 seed in Lubbock, Texas where they'll faced seventh-seeded Texas Tech in the Spokane Regional on Saturday at approximately 6:30 p.m. Central time.

"The credit goes to the young ladies. They've been relentless and their work ethic has been tremendous," head coach Jose Fernandez said. "This is a reward for them, but we have plenty of basketball left to play this year."

USF invited its fans to the Sun Dome for Monday's Selection Show and the large crowd didn't have to wait long to celebrate. USF's tournament trip was booked just minutes into the ESPN broadcast which allowed some of the players to breathe a big sigh of relief.

"I was kind of nervous and really could not wait to get here. Everybody was just antsy, so when we saw USF we were just really excited," senior guard Andrea Smith said.

Tiffany Conner was a different story. The senior forward kept her cool all day and went to practice telling her teammates that good things were ahead.

"I actually woke up very excited because I knew we were in. I felt it when I woke up," she said with a smile.

Conner and the rest of the Bulls have had a lot to feel good about during a 21-10 season that has featured two victories over top-25 opponents and tough battles with other elite teams - just ask Notre Dame. The Bulls won five of their last six regular season road games during the postseason push and showed the selection committee they deserve to go dancing by giving the No. 2 Irish a tough battle in the Big East quarterfinals.

"Our quarterfinal game against Notre Dame on national TV, a lot of people watched that game including a lot of committee members," Fernandez said.

Now a special group of Bulls, including eight seniors, get to show the nation what they're about on the biggest stage in women's college basketball and they don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

"Now we see that every game means something. You don't want to go home after the first game and you don't want to go home after the second game," senior guard Andrell Smith said. "I saw a little show last night 'Survive and Advance.' I think we'll take that as motivation."

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=206818161

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Proud of my ladies.  Now let's get that W

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I might make the 8 hour drive but have to work until 2:15 CST......

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Just want to come in here and congratulate the USF Lady Bulls for making the NCAAT. Hope that can make it to the second week.