• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Victor Rudd Jr.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

After a long hiatus he has returned to us. Please, stay awhile. drive to the hole. Post up. Hit a couple of jumpers. Rebound.

You have the skills to be a good player. Play consistently at your highest level.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If he did that every game, he'd be in the NBA next year.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe it's because he is being asked to play a new role and a new position this year, but my opinion of Rudd is that he is a talented guy, but his performance/results are more what you would expect from a freshman at the end of his first year or a sophomore. By that I mean he sort of has the game the figured out and the potential is clearly there, but completely inconsistent.

Rudd has really played at a relatively high level for 2 full games and one half of another. This was his first conference game that he really had any impact at all (that I can remember).

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I like Rudd, and he kept us competitive last night, but I just think he's a little bit lazy. Slowly jogging, walking around, looking for an alley-oop every five seconds. He is a good player, could be great if he applied himself a little more.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

He's very talented, but he's a mental case which will keep him out of the pros.  He doesn't have the game IQ needed; last night he jacked up some seriously bad 3s late in the game when they were unnecessary.  He also shoots himself out of a game; when he gets hot he tries to do too much, much like last night where he airballed that NBA range 3 and missed that baseline dunk.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

As a good a game as he had, he badly missed a dunk early in that 17-0 run that may have stemmed the tide ... also, the 3 pt attempt from just inside half court was not a smart move, no matter how much he was feeling it.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I never said he had bball IQ.

On that dunk, someone MAY have brushed him. If he goes up with TWO hand he might have gotten an and1. But alas, he prefers flashy to functional.

BTW, Rudd, you can jump over d near everyone. Flush it with 2 hands.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

He was great in the first half, violation in the second.

Just like the rest of the team.

Lazy and tired, IMO.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I like Rudd, and he kept us competitive last night, but I just think he's a little bit lazy. Slowly jogging, walking around, looking for an alley-oop every five seconds. He is a good player, could be great if he applied himself a little more.

Agreed.

It doesn't matter how many points he had the other night. He made many bone headed plays on both ends of the floor.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Rudd had a few splashy plays, not suprised, ESPN was in the house.  When ESPN and Rudd are in the bld expext to see a few highlight plays,  But agree with Trip. He made up for those with the bone head plays and the fact that he was winded by 17 minutes to go in the 2nd half.