• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Providence on ESPNU

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I just rewinded the game for this timeout and the players refuse to huddle up around Stan Heath. He threw his hands in the air to try and get them to come to him, but you could tell that they are just ready for the showers at this point. Heath signaled for the walk-on to come in and some of the Bulls players, without looking at Heath, just went to the bench and sat down.

Not sure how this loss is CSH's fault. The players came out from the half ICE COLD and BUTT-LAZY

This one's on the players, IMO

The samething happens over and over again, but ofcourse the repetitiveness is all on the players. Adjustments? What adjustments?

LOL, the most comfortable coaching job in America.

Ice cold is ice cold. The shots were there and open. They just weren't hitting them. You can hate on Stan all you want, but he can't shoot it for them. You can't make an adjustment for that kind of shooting.

On BOTH ends of the court .... Everything the Friars were throwing at the rim went in the first 6 or 7 minutes of the 2nd half. I've been holding off chiming in on Ricky's burial mound hypothesis but it's becoming pretty ******* apparent ...

Took the wife to the game today. She was like, "What happened? They can't hit anything now. But they are WIDE open!!!!"

Maybe you should have your wife PM Vega and have her explain the intricacies of college basketball to him ...
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I just rewinded the game for this timeout and the players refuse to huddle up around Stan Heath. He threw his hands in the air to try and get them to come to him, but you could tell that they are just ready for the showers at this point. Heath signaled for the walk-on to come in and some of the Bulls players, without looking at Heath, just went to the bench and sat down.

Went to the ESPN 3 feed and looked, because what I saw was nothing like what you report. What it showed on the broadcast was Stan signaling the bench to get McCloskey in and the players waiting for that. The broadcast cut to the announcers at that point and never returned to the USF bench. What I saw at the game, was the players huddling around him after McCloskey got to the huddle. The only player that sat down was Rudd and he was hurt. Edited by swamprat

LOL, the most comfortable coaching job in America.

Whats the soonest that a college hoops coach has been fired following the best season in the history of that school's basketball program?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

LOL at the last few post.

Yep the most comfortable coaching job in America. What coach wouldn't want a fan base like USF's?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Tale of Two Halves

We won the first half 36-25

We lost the second half 51-30

UGH!

What would our record be if we only counted the first 20 minutes each game?

We'd have 15 wins. This is if you consider ties at halftime that lead to victories (Youngstown State, for example) and games in which we were behind at the half but won (Georgetown).

The flips are ND, UConn, Rutgers, and WMU. in reverse order. And now this game.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We gotta come out ready in the second half. Coaching is a part of that.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Yep the most comfortable coaching job in America. What coach wouldn't want a fan base like USF's?

Can't blame the fans too much for not wanting to pay money to watch an noncompetitive team.  

The last five games have been absolutely brutal to watch:

*  Blown half time lead for 8 point loss

*  13 point loss

* Huge blown lead then loss

*  23 point loss

* 28 point loss.

Fans at least want to be somewhat entertained at a basketball game.  Not just to see ten minutes of play and then have a team not score for half the 2nd half.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

A few observations from being at the game:

At the beginning of the game after the anthem when the teams walk to center court to shake hands, Victor Rudd walked straight to the bench - low class IMO.

Ron Anderson was along the baseline next to the Bulls bench for the 1st half and went toward the locker room with the team at halftime. He was very animated throughout the 1st half encouraging the team.  I thought I saw him in the same seat at the beginning of the 2nd half but not after the first few minutes.  Maybe he knew what was about to happen.

In the "not very important" category, the band is actually singing the fight song at a normal speed and I believe a few instruments were playing it prior to the game.  Big improvement the last 2 games.

For what seemed like the 1st time all year, a player (Rudd) came around a pick, received a pass and took and made a jumper in some kind of rhythm.  Looked like a real BB play. 

The start to the 1st half may have been the best I've seen them play all year.  Not just the fact that we scored but the way we scored - layups, dunks, guys looking to pass the ball toward the basket.  Maybe had something to do with Prov not playing any defense.

Late in the game Brock cut into the lane, rec'd the ball, was wide open and passed the ball out to the corner.  Look at the freakin basket, you had an open 10 footer.  I know it is hard for your "shooting guard" to think like that.