• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryeshene Bronson (WR)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Grades are a big time issue that could be a factor....

Does that matter in rankings like the 250?

No, there were a couple 4 star and up guys last year that didn't qualify and had to go Juco.

I was told by Rivals that Bronson "Should never have been there in the first place". That was their reason for bumping him down over 150 spots.....

Which to me suggests that he got there undeservedly because he was originally supposed to be heading to UF.

Either way the movement looks shady and I think we can all kind of recognize what's going on.

Shouldn't be listed in the top 250...But it was OK when he was committed to Florida?

He shouldn't be listed in the Top 250, but he's still listed as as #13 in the state... while others rated LOWER than him do deserve to be?

:wtf: 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

There's really no point in wasting energy trying to understand the way this is done. I think it's pretty clear what strategies these paid sites use to entice consumers of other more "popular" schools..

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Look at the offers not the stars.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If you can believe the "offers" list.  Litton was boasting of LSU for the longest time, but seems he's intererest in Toledo (if I recall a recent story).  In the words of Samuel L Jackson, "Same ballpark???? Man, that ain't even the same sport!"

In the end you have to trust your coaches, and that comes when it translate to the field.

I hope we land Bronson, 3, 4 or 5 star.

i

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550

If you can believe the "offers" list.  Litton was boasting of LSU for the longest time, but seems he's intererest in Toledo (if I recall a recent story).  In the words of Samuel L Jackson, "Same ballpark???? Man, that ain't even the same sport!"

In the end you have to trust your coaches, and that comes when it translate to the field.

I hope we land Bronson, 3, 4 or 5 star.

i

Exactly.  Schools can't comment about potential student athletes.

A kid can go to Rivals, Scout, etc and claim they've been offered by every BCS school in the country if he wanted to, and there would be no way to officially refute that (...some recruiting sports may have a couple well placed sources at a few schools... but that's about it)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

I can say with a ton of confidence, that if Bronson was never rated highly by the pay sites you guys claim to hate - you would never care about Bronson. I would love to see what you guys would do with zero knowledge gained from the pay sites player profiles.

A kid like Javonte Bagley looks way better than Bronson on tape, but is unranked on Rivals. You guys put so much care into the rankings and what not - why, I do not know... Anyways, he's still a four star. Move on fellas

• Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I can say with a ton of confidence, that if Bronson was never rated highly by the pay sites you guys claim to hate - you would never care about Bronson.

Your confidence has let you down ... Our fans care about all the players being recruited by, and committing to, USF. Doesn't matter their star value.

I would love to see what you guys would do with zero knowledge gained from the pay sites player profiles.

We'd survive ... Go back to the way things should be, like before this trumped up industry did its' brainwashing on the masses ... waiting to see how the players actually performed on the field when they got the chance..

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I have to agree with Trip here. Mike, you looked like the bigger man initially with Bill but your apparent glee in light of all this seems awfully douchey.

The only reason anyone, from anywhere, cares about stars and rankings is because organizations like yours have been shoving them down everyone's throat for years. Discussions between fans about potential recruits have existed long before the pay sites and will exist long after their eventual demise.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

No one is "shoving" the star rankings down our throats. And dont pretend like people dont care. They do. Is it the most important aspect? No. Trusting the coaches is.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

I can say with a ton of confidence, that if Bronson was never rated highly by the pay sites you guys claim to hate - you would never care about Bronson. I would love to see what you guys would do with zero knowledge gained from the pay sites player profiles.

A kid like Javonte Bagley looks way better than Bronson on tape, but is unranked on Rivals. You guys put so much care into the rankings and what not - why, I do not know... Anyways, he's still a four star. Move on fellas

And in all that you STILL cannot explain why he dropped over 150 spots. All you can do is say "move on" and "he never should have been there"

And can you explain how lower ranked players than him in FL are in the Top 250/100? I'm sure you read that post but chose to not respond to it. I'd really like to hear a REASON, a real one.

Go read roster bios from schools websites...lets check Miami for example. Hmm, looks like in almost every player bio it says how many stars/what rank the kid was from rivals/scout/espn in HS. Stars may not matter to you, but it matters for the image of the school and it's ability to pull in "top talent" according to the rankings world.