• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Overall thoughts, grade for this years class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Grade:  C

I can't believe the level of grade inflation occurring in this thread.  CWT signed most of the guys Skip already had verbal commitments from and got a couple off their commitments to other teams.  Our recruit rankings certainly weren't very impressive when compared to other Div 1 schools and we certainly were no where near the personal best in rankings had during Leavitt's tenure.  Frankly, I think a C may be a bit generous and yet I see A's throughout.  But hey, I also tend to only wear my green goggles during the games.

Someone wasn't paying attention to recruiting this year....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I can't believe the level of grade inflation occurring in this thread.  CWT signed most of the guys Skip already had verbal commitments from and got a couple off their commitments to other teams.  Our recruit rankings certainly weren't very impressive when compared to other Div 1 schools and we certainly were no where near the personal best in rankings had during Leavitt's tenure.  Frankly, I think a C may be a bit generous and yet I see A's throughout.  But hey, I also tend to only wear my green goggles during the games.

Not sure, but it seems someone posted on another thread that the only Leavitt class that was better than this one was 2009.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I also tend to only wear my green goggles during the games.

You're missing the gold lenses, that's your problem.   B)  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Thing is that it's hard to really judge who's was who's.... Most signed were already being recruited by the previous regime and may have committed anyway. We don't really know ... even Calloway had said that one of the reasons he went ahead and committed to the Ville was because Patrick was gone and he didn't know who would replace him.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Thing is that it's hard to really judge who's was who's.... Most signed were already being recruited by the previous regime and may have committed anyway. We don't really know ... even Calloway had said that one of the reasons he went ahead and committed to the Ville was because Patrick was gone and he didn't know who would replace him.

Good point Trip. Next year will be telling.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Trip, you may be right on some of those guys. However, skip was going to go heavy juco as his seat was going to be very warm next season. Also, they were only marginally after Mayes, love, Harris. They would have probably lost Robbins and Senat (if they had ever gotten them to commit in the first place) because outside of a few specific recruiters on staff (Scott, Patrick) they kept falling apart on a recruit in the face of competition.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Is it even worth pointing out all the reasons why this is just wrong?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, you may be right on some of those guys. However, skip was going to go heavy juco as his seat was going to be very warm next season. Also, they were only marginally after Mayes, love, Harris. They would have probably lost Robbins and Senat (if they had ever gotten them to commit in the first place) because outside of a few specific recruiters on staff (Scott, Patrick) they kept falling apart on a recruit in the face of competition.

I'm not saying all of them and, obviously, I don't follow this stuff as much as some of you do .... It appears, though, that Robbins and Senat were both being recruited by Scott so there was that continuity but Cooper should have played a key part in getting Robbins ... Bottom line, doesn't matter who would or wouldn't have. We've got our guys he coaches wanted and who want to be here .... time will only tell if everything will come together to take us to the next level .... wherever the hell that level is now.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah no one will accuse you of having Green goggles on, more like brown ones covered with a thin layer of feces. You weren't even watching the right channel. Even the national guys who always give BE teams a load of crap are singing the praises of CWT and this class. What happened someone give you a lousy grade in kiddygarten and you're still stewed about it? SMH

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

B+

I think Taggert saved what would have been a very mediocre class by getting some really solid players to sign. That said, if we would have gotten even on of Coley, Johnson, Woulard, or Kirkland I would have given an A. Those players will come with success and more recruiting time.