• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Syracuse sold out?????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Definition of 'Charitable Donation'

A gift made by an individual or an organization to a nonprofit organization, charity or private foundation.

A donor who is looking for perks because he donates, isn't really a donor. He's just someone looking to get a leg up by spending money. It's kind of the same thing as paying a scalper. If you want to donate, donate. If you want great seats, pay the freight and quit calling yourself a "donor"

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Definition of 'Charitable Donation'

A gift made by an individual or an organization to a nonprofit organization, charity or private foundation.

A donor who is looking for perks because he donates, isn't really a donor. He's just someone looking to get a leg up by spending money. It's kind of the same thing as paying a scalper. If you want to donate, donate. If you want great seats, pay the freight and quit calling yourself a "donor"

:huh:

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I just went to ticket master and there are still close to 70 seats available in the 300's

I'm going to say this... I'm still not sure there weren't some shenanigans with the "Sell out" at the FSU game... if they're playing the same game here and it's not a full house I'm going to be pissed....

they shouldn't sell single game tickets in donor sections ever. including football games. people pay a considerable donation in many cases. it's not fair to donors to open up those seats to people who don't pay a donation.

I would think if there are not enough donor's then the University should try to get whatever they can out of those seats. An empty seat that someone is willing to pay for does not help.

then you will have donors dropping thier thousands in donations when they know all they have to do is pay ticket face value. move next level donors into those seats if you need to fill them. ridiculous selling single game tickets in $10k section while $3,500 level donors sit in less desirable seats.

There is a middle ground in this argument. Add a donor component to single game tickets in donor sections that makes the season tickets the better deal.

Take section 135. Current cost is a $2,000 donation gives you the right to buy up to 8 season tickets. Face value of tickets is around $50.

If you sold single game tickets in that section for $250 (without club access, which only comes from the donation aznd season tickets). Will that make anyone drop their season tickets? The season tickets is the better deal if you plan to go to at least half the games. Plus, the best games may never be onsale (like the FSU game). This way USF makes money from people who are willing to pay big only for a prime seat for 1 game, but season tickets are still the best deal for Bulls fans.

Plus donors can deduct the donation from their taxes, single game buyers can not.

I believe IRS regulations would be a reason for not doing that.

There aren't any regulations that prevent USF from charging $250 for their best seats. I am not calling it a ticket plus donation .... just a way to account for the fact that season ticket holders pay more because of their required donations.

All on the up and up.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wow; this thread took a trip to bat **** crazy'ville

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I just went to ticket master and there are still close to 70 seats available in the 300's

I'm going to say this... I'm still not sure there weren't some shenanigans with the "Sell out" at the FSU game... if they're playing the same game here and it's not a full house I'm going to be pissed....

they shouldn't sell single game tickets in donor sections ever. including football games. people pay a considerable donation in many cases. it's not fair to donors to open up those seats to people who don't pay a donation.

I would think if there are not enough donor's then the University should try to get whatever they can out of those seats. An empty seat that someone is willing to pay for does not help.

then you will have donors dropping thier thousands in donations when they know all they have to do is pay ticket face value. move next level donors into those seats if you need to fill them. ridiculous selling single game tickets in $10k section while $3,500 level donors sit in less desirable seats.

There is a middle ground in this argument. Add a donor component to single game tickets in donor sections that makes the season tickets the better deal.

Take section 135. Current cost is a $2,000 donation gives you the right to buy up to 8 season tickets. Face value of tickets is around $50.

If you sold single game tickets in that section for $250 (without club access, which only comes from the donation aznd season tickets). Will that make anyone drop their season tickets? The season tickets is the better deal if you plan to go to at least half the games. Plus, the best games may never be onsale (like the FSU game). This way USF makes money from people who are willing to pay big only for a prime seat for 1 game, but season tickets are still the best deal for Bulls fans.

Plus donors can deduct the donation from their taxes, single game buyers can not.

There aren't any regulations that prevent USF from charging $250 for their best seats. I am not calling it a ticket plus donation .... just a way to account for the fact that season ticket holders pay more because of their required donations.

All on the up and up.

The IRS looks at it differently than you do.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468

All on the up and up.

The IRS looks at it differently than you do.

What are you talking about. Just explain what part of charging more for the best seats via single game sales would be against any regulations? I am lost and don't understand.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

As a student all I've gotten is the reminder to request tickets, unfortunately I haven't made it to any of the games over break and I am definitely regretting it. Making sure I am there when the doors open to get my seats from the earlier games this season, that being said hoping beyond hope that more students are thinking the same way.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

One thing I want to share with everyone to put this in perspective. USF opens up seats on ticketmaster in the order they want to sell them. In the past, the buyers never knew how many seats were left, just if an event was sold out. Now that ticketmaster has that map that lets the buyer pick seats, don't assume all open seats are showing as open. A very common practice among sports teams, concerts and performing arts .... seats that the venue want to sell are made open, then when they run down, more seats are opened.

Here are reasons why .... if a game is on tv, USF may want to sell out the seats on the side the cameras face first. A common trick to make crowds seem bigger is to sell every other row. For the sake of clean up costs, you may not want 10 sections with a handful of people when they all would have fit into one section. This is not USF specific, but common everywhere. So, when you see 100 seats left on the maps, they may mean 100 seats are all that is left, or it may mean nothing at all ... and as a fan you have no way of knowing.

So that explains why I have gone to events where my row was jammed packed, but the row in front of me had no one sitting in it. I will remember that next time it happens to me and move up one row if no one shows up. I hate being squeezed in like a sardine when there are open seats right in front of me.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

A sellout would be cool.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I believe Greg tweeted that USF said there were 7000 sold already.