• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Syracuse sold out?????

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I just spoke to John Lewis... and it's only 300's left at this point. I can only go off the fact that he's never lied to me before... that I know of.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I just spoke to John Lewis... and it's only 300's left at this point. I can only go off the fact that he's never lied to me before... that I know of.

If John said it then I believe it. Good guy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Look for the "I need tickets" guys at the front of the Sundome. I'm sure they'll have some laying around in the 100/200 sections :)

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

One thing I want to share with everyone to put this in perspective. USF opens up seats on ticketmaster in the order they want to sell them. In the past, the buyers never knew how many seats were left, just if an event was sold out. Now that ticketmaster has that map that lets the buyer pick seats, don't assume all open seats are showing as open. A very common practice among sports teams, concerts and performing arts .... seats that the venue want to sell are made open, then when they run down, more seats are opened.

Here are reasons why .... if a game is on tv, USF may want to sell out the seats on the side the cameras face first. A common trick to make crowds seem bigger is to sell every other row. For the sake of clean up costs, you may not want 10 sections with a handful of people when they all would have fit into one section. This is not USF specific, but common everywhere. So, when you see 100 seats left on the maps, they may mean 100 seats are all that is left, or it may mean nothing at all ... and as a fan you have no way of knowing.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

One thing I want to share with everyone to put this in perspective. USF opens up seats on ticketmaster in the order they want to sell them. In the past, the buyers never knew how many seats were left, just if an event was sold out. Now that ticketmaster has that map that lets the buyer pick seats, don't assume all open seats are showing as open. A very common practice among sports teams, concerts and performing arts .... seats that the venue want to sell are made open, then when they run down, more seats are opened.

Here are reasons why .... if a game is on tv, USF may want to sell out the seats on the side the cameras face first. A common trick to make crowds seem bigger is to sell every other row. For the sake of clean up costs, you may not want 10 sections with a handful of people when they all would have fit into one section. This is not USF specific, but common everywhere. So, when you see 100 seats left on the maps, they may mean 100 seats are all that is left, or it may mean nothing at all ... and as a fan you have no way of knowing.

Thanks Mike. Makes perfect sense. Regardless it sounds like we'll have a loud dome this weekend.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

It's really odd. I went on the mobile ticketmaster site and was not able to get any, then I called the ticket office and was advised they had seats, so I called and bought them by phone. I should have bought season tickets but I work for the court system and am stuck in court on alot of Tuesday and Wednesday nights. So I did not want the tickets to go to waste. Most of the tickets that I have been able to get I picked up on Stubhub for $3-$4 a piece, bought a couple extras and sold them for $10 a pop outside the gate, thus making the games free. Those days are prob over now that we are in the Big East Sch.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I just went to ticket master and there are still close to 70 seats available in the 300's

I'm going to say this... I'm still not sure there weren't some shenanigans with the "Sell out" at the FSU game... if they're playing the same game here and it's not a full house I'm going to be pissed....

they shouldn't sell single game tickets in donor sections ever. including football games. people pay a considerable donation in many cases. it's not fair to donors to open up those seats to people who don't pay a donation.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I just went to ticket master and there are still close to 70 seats available in the 300's

I'm going to say this... I'm still not sure there weren't some shenanigans with the "Sell out" at the FSU game... if they're playing the same game here and it's not a full house I'm going to be pissed....

they shouldn't sell single game tickets in donor sections ever. including football games. people pay a considerable donation in many cases. it's not fair to donors to open up those seats to people who don't pay a donation.

I would think if there are not enough donor's then the University should try to get whatever they can out of those seats. An empty seat that someone is willing to pay for does not help.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Interested to see amount of students that attend

Has Athletics sent an email out about the game?

Only to tell them to request a ticket, but nothing else.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I would think if there are not enough donor's then the University should try to get whatever they can out of those seats. An empty seat that someone is willing to pay for does not help.

then you will have donors dropping thier thousands in donations when they know all they have to do is pay ticket face value. move next level donors into those seats if you need to fill them. ridiculous selling single game tickets in $10k section while $3,500 level donors sit in less desirable seats.