• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reminder to fans that want the Next Level

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Actually it takes TV money

this

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

While we are currently medium/mid or whatever, I think that everybody realizes that our potential is what makes us stand apart (massive university size, recruiting in FL, large alumni base, big football state, etc.)

After seeing USFs six year graduation rates I don't see a large alumni base as a selling point.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

While we are currently medium/mid or whatever, I think that everybody realizes that our potential is what makes us stand apart (massive university size, recruiting in FL, large alumni base, big football state, etc.)

After seeing USFs six year graduation rates I don't see a large alumni base as a selling point.

People make too much of this stat.

If somebody's working full time, and going to school part-time, even if it takes them 15 years to complete it, I call that a HUGE success.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

People make too much of this stat.

If somebody's working full time, and going to school part-time, even if it takes them 15 years to complete it, I call that a HUGE success.

Totally agree.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

We have had troubles, but we'll get with you.

Slick,

Do you plan on tailgating with us?

Unfortunately, no. I live in Atlanta and even if I were down there, I have medical issues that make it pretty much impossible for me to attend.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

All I'm saying you build a larger alumni base more quickly when you graduate your students on time or as close as possible to it. I'm all for part time students being able to get an education but it's the traditional student that churns every 4 to 6 years that gets the alumni number up.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

No **** captain obvious.

Not obvious to many on here ...

Based on the pissing and moaning that sometimes goes on this board, it most certainly NOT obvious.

I agree with ET and New England. Some on here seem to think USF is a name brand and can just "get out of the Big East" to one of the blessed 5. Look around. We really do not have the support that a lot of the teams (not all, mind you) in those conferences have. I remember South Carolina being 0 and 11 and still filling their stadium with 80000. We need more people to donate and actually show up to most of the games in order to really be taken seriously. Our crapfest during the Holtz years did not help but even if this had happened in 2009, I think we would still be in the same boat.

I do understand the frustration but the venom needs to be directed at the powers that be at ESPN and those in charge of those blessed conferences. The Big East gave us a shot that few outside of us thought we deserved. That is why I have never whined about the Big East.

We have had troubles, but we'll get with you.

Slick,

Do you plan on tailgating with us?

Unfortunately, no. I live in Atlanta and even if I were down there, I have medical issues that make it pretty much impossible for me to attend.

I told you all those video games were bad for your health! :o

Hope you get better and are able to attend soon!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

No **** captain obvious.

Not obvious to many on here ...

Based on the pissing and moaning that sometimes goes on this board, it most certainly NOT obvious.

I agree with ET and New England. Some on here seem to think USF is a name brand and can just "get out of the Big East" to one of the blessed 5. Look around. We really do not have the support that a lot of the teams (not all, mind you) in those conferences have. I remember South Carolina being 0 and 11 and still filling their stadium with 80000. We need more people to donate and actually show up to most of the games in order to really be taken seriously. Our crapfest during the Holtz years did not help but even if this had happened in 2009, I think we would still be in the same boat.

I do understand the frustration but the venom needs to be directed at the powers that be at ESPN and those in charge of those blessed conferences. The Big East gave us a shot that few outside of us thought we deserved. That is why I have never whined about the Big East.

I like your term "blessed conference," hope you don't mind if I use it. Could also call them the "landed gentry" or "silver spoon" conferences. I'm all for talking about them pejoratively, the same way they talk about us like we're in the third world of college football... We need to take on a "us against the world" persona again... We were generally more successful as underdogs over the years...

Blessed is :) a replacement word for what I really would call them but want to stay within the rules of the board.