• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mark Royals: BJ to blame for fall of football program

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

On 98.7 The Fan, when USF football was brought up by Drew Fellios, he asked Royals if Taggart could get USF to that elite level.

And Royals started off immediately by saying BJ was a bad QB who didn't have what it takes to win. Also mentioned recruiting being a problem. But he trashed BJ Daniels the entire time and didn't bring up the coaching once, up until the end when he said he would've given Skip one more year.

I understand this is an opinion, but if BJ would've been the only problem this year, we would've won 8-9 games.

I see no issues with what Royals said... spot on accurate to me.

Wow, The decline of the program on a single player? I attach it to Doug and Judy, but that's me. They're the grownups whose decisions really make a difference.

Jay Fiedler and Dante Culpepper both destroyed the Dolphins... and Jay Feaster destroyed the Lightning... its not impossible for one single dude, or two dudes to gut and destroy a team. So I can see where he is coming from.

All I know is on NCAA 2012 I had to bench BJD in the 2012 season... kept tossing INT's and fumbling the ball...

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

On 98.7 The Fan, when USF football was brought up by Drew Fellios, he asked Royals if Taggart could get USF to that elite level.

And Royals started off immediately by saying BJ was a bad QB who didn't have what it takes to win. Also mentioned recruiting being a problem. But he trashed BJ Daniels the entire time and didn't bring up the coaching once, up until the end when he said he would've given Skip one more year.

I understand this is an opinion, but if BJ would've been the only problem this year, we would've won 8-9 games.

Wow, The decline of the program on a single player? I attach it to Doug and Judy, but that's me. They're the grownups whose decisions really make a difference.

Jay Fiedler and Dante Culpepper both destroyed the Dolphins... and Jay Feaster destroyed the Lightning... its not impossible for one single dude, or two dudes to gut and destroy a team. So I can see where he is coming from.

All I know is on NCAA 2012 I had to bench BJD in the 2012 season... kept tossing INT's and fumbling the ball...

The passing engine in NCAA 2012 was terrible dude! This season's engine is much better. BJ threw for 4,300 and 41 TDs and 11 INT for me this season. But I may just be better than you.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Did you guys pay attention to what happened when BJ went down. We had no chance of winning. He was one of our best players and was the only QB who gave USF a legit chance of winning. Skip Holtz destroyed USF football, not BJ Daniels.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Did you guys pay attention to what happened when BJ went down. We had no chance of winning. He was one of our best players and was the only QB who gave USF a legit chance of winning. Skip Holtz destroyed USF football, not BJ Daniels.

I'm pretty sure anybody who thinks BJ Daniels was the reason USF was so terrible the past three years didn't watch a single USF game in that time, so the answer is probably no. But yeah, if they did watch, how anyone could see the offense after Daniels went down and still say he wasn't any good is pretty mind-boggling. Some people understand football, some people just sit there and look at the pretty colors I guess.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The passing engine in NCAA 2012 was terrible dude! This season's engine is much better. BJ threw for 4,300 and 41 TDs and 11 INT for me this season. But I may just be better than you.

You might be better then me, but I put in Eveld and he is at 5,000 yds passing, 37 TDs and 2 INT's so far... BJD had a ton of passing yds and rushing yds but he had 21 INT's to 15 TD's... I would get in the red zone and he would either fumble, or toss an INT.

I commented to my wife that EA had really out done themselves with the realism... it was like I was watching the real Bulls.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Lol @ using a video game that is user controlled when talking about how good a player is in real life. You guys can't be that dumb.......

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Lol @ using a video game that is user controlled when talking about how good a player is in real life. You guys can't be that dumb.......

+1

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

For real, one of the most mind-numbingly stupid things I've ever read on this or any message board.

Edited by gobulls83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

For real, one of the most mind-numbingly stupid things I've ever read on this or any message board.

It was obviously a plot by the UCFers at EA. Knowing that coaches rely on video games to help evaluate players, because of their awesome reality, they rigged it for Eveld to look great because that's who they want to face next year. Brilliant move on their part.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Can't think of a more logical example, honestly.