• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF and USF Commit Together (Official Statement)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Why didn't we hitch our little wagon to UConn/Cincy? Why are we stuck with UCF? This sucks. Align yourself with a brand new BE school...great idea. They'd better be pitching to Power 5's as a package deal.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Perhaps because UConn/Cincy told us to take a hike?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

This statement could be read in so many different ways. What does "committed to the Big East" mean? Committed until a better offer comes along? This is just typical president speak. What, are they going to say they're not committed?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I'm not reading what Goldenbuc is implying.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

B10 has already demonstarted that they are willing to bend/break their longstanding traditions if it suits there current/future needs. They could easily decide that there best option for the future is to take USF/UCF combo and put one FL team in each division. Secures each school at least a bi-annual trip to the state in which the majority of their wealthy alumni reside.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

You guys are looking too short term. The SEC wasn't built in a day. Maybe 50 years from now, this conference is ruling the world of college athletics. That's a NWO I'd like to see.

I am wasting time to reply: delusional.

I'm not that old, yet. I can remember when FSU was mocked as a "girl's school" trying to play football. I can remember when no one ever got fired for buying IBM, because they were by far the standard computer manufacturing company in the world.

Things change more slowly than you would like, but rather quickly when you look back over time.

USF will rise or fall on it's own merits, and the conference situation will work itself out.

Yes you are, you just don't want to admit it. banana.gif

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

B10 has already demonstarted that they are willing to bend/break their longstanding traditions if it suits there current/future needs. They could easily decide that there best option for the future is to take USF/UCF combo and put one FL team in each division. Secures each school at least a bi-annual trip to the state in which the majority of their wealthy alumni reside.

If you are talking about AAU membership, Nebraska just lost their membership, but was a member when included in the conference. Their president even admits that they would not have been invited to, or would have been admitted into, the B10 had they lost it prior to being accepted into the conference. There are some in the conference that want Nebraska ousted if they do not regain their membership.

The AAU is all about money, too, though their aim is at research grants, primarily federal. I was under the impression that one of the goals of the Unstoppable Project was to position us for AAU membership. That's the reason for the emphasis on research funds, now.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

Research grants are very important, entailing even more money than football. This is why I do not think FSU is actually much if any better for the Big 10 Conference than us.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If you are talking about AAU membership, Nebraska just lost their membership, but was a member when included in the conference. Their president even admits that they would not have been invited to, or would have been admitted into, the B10 had they lost it prior to being accepted into the conference. There are some in the conference that want Nebraska ousted if they do not regain their membership.

The AAU is all about money, too, though their aim is at research grants, primarily federal. I was under the impression that one of the goals of the Unstoppable Project was to position us for AAU membership. That's the reason for the emphasis on research funds, now.

Let's add Nebraska to the BE!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231

Both of our schools working together. Sign of 2012 End of Days?

----------------

12/15/12: UCF President John C. Hitt/USF President Judy Genshaft Joint Statement

"UCF and USF are committed to the BIG EAST. Under the capable leadership of Commissioner Mike Aresco, we are working together with the other 11 members of the conference to build a future that offers outstanding opportunity for our student-athletes and fans."

----------------

Link: http://www.ucfathlet.../121512aaa.html

Genshaft clearly has no business being involved with athletics. Maybe the Bulls will be something in 2050.