• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Gripe with USF coverage on the "Fan"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Not once has any of their announcers brought up the current dissolution of the Big East... instead they have been droning on about the NBA (Tampa does not have an NBA team), and the Bucs.

Seems like they only talk about USF when someone calls in and then they are right back to talking about obscure sports crap that has no impact on the Tampa market, with the exception of the Buc's.

Gary and the Commish have to be the worst in doing this... Booger makes a point to cover USF for about an hour each day.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I agree somewhat. Maybe it is just me and my poor timing, but any time I tune into 98.7 they arent talking about USF. Maybe 1 out of 10 times. Again, that could just be the times I am turning it on.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Do you really want to hear about how awful it all is?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Are you on drugs?? Listening right now also and haven't much if any NBA talk ... NFL talk right now ... and I'm sure if/when the BE stuff gets past the rumor stage it will be discussed.

• Content Count:  112
  • Days Won:  0

The Commish and Louk talk about USF happily, but for everybody else it is forced and disingenuous because of the sponsorship, Booger basically states he doesn't want to talk about them unless he has to. More callers could turn the tide perhaps? I still like it better than what the coverage was pre- "the fan"

Edited by greenlinefenway

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Win some games and don't suck...I think that will get them talking about USF.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

To be fair, there isnt much to talk about. Football team had an awful year and is stuck in some weird limbo now. Not much to talk about. Basketball team has been less than impressive as well. Not much to talk about yet. Same goes for the rest of our teams. Only the womens bball team is doing well and....well....yeah.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Are you on drugs?? Listening right now also and haven't much if any NBA talk ... NFL talk right now ... and I'm sure if/when the BE stuff gets past the rumor stage it will be discussed.

They were talking about the NBA for a solid 30 minutes before I snapped and posted this.

Figured that with the Big East imploding that they would talk about what that meant for USF.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

I've heard them talk about USF plenty of times. That is why I have it as a preset. And the Commish and Shelton talk about USF regularly. Everyone else, not so much.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I agree that it's not as extensive as I'd like, but it's a start. We have a media partner in an FM station that is right up front about being a USF partner.

I'd like more conference/recruiting/FB/non-FB talk, but like I said, I'm happy with the direction