• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Tag busy with recruits, but

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

I can't figure out why people keep talking about him coaching in the bowl game.

Will not matter now anyways. Looks liek they will have the HC for their Bowl Game. Being reported that Bobby Petrino is on campus at WKU and will be announced at 1600 today.

No shiz?! Wow, that's a nice grab right there. He won't be able to coach in the bowl game though.

Chad Bishop â€@MrChadBishop

Western Kentucky will announce Bobby Petrino as its new head football coach at 4 p.m. today.

Retweeted by Greg Auman

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Another important item about recruiting at this time is that he's actually allowed to meet with prospects. He stated that during the presser. He also said he isn't allowed to meet with them in the Spring, so he'll have to turn that over to Woodie or whoever he brings in, along with the other assistants. I'm not sure what contact he is allowed after this dead period is over.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

New USF coach Willie Taggart making the rounds -- at Plant High this morning, checking in with Bulls commitment LB Mitchell Wright.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

New USF coach Willie Taggart making the rounds -- at Plant High this morning, checking in with Bulls commitment LB Mitchell Wright.

Man he wasn't joking when he said he'd be on the groud! Edited by Hem

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Man he wasn't joking when he said he'd be on the groud!

Speaking of "on the ground" do I remember something a few years back about USF having access to a jet or plane or something? If he has to visit recruits in Ga or Alabama that could come in handy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

As for Petrino going to WKU, that home and home is looking a bit tougher right now.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Another important item about recruiting at this time is that he's actually allowed to meet with prospects. He stated that during the presser. He also said he isn't allowed to meet with them in the Spring, so he'll have to turn that over to Woodie or whoever he brings in, along with the other assistants. I'm not sure what contact he is allowed after this dead period is over.

Well this explains his being non-committal on assistants during the presser. He vitally needs USF's current assistants to help in recruiting this week and he knows that if he has them worried about being fired, he isn't going to get 100%. They probably are putting out 110% seeing this as their best chance for staying on at USF.

I'm sure they are all plenty worried about being fired. A couple of them want to stay for sure, this is home. Some of the others are probably working the phones hard.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Eh... would be more confident if we already had some new coordinators hired to help out with this, hopefully Taggart is going after BCS level talent and not going after Sun Belt level talent that he was eye balling while at WKU.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

Dead period starts a week from Sunday, IIRC, so I hope they wait until after that.

On a related note, I wonder if he'll continue the Ladies' Days events?

I don't see why not, it isn't like we went WKU route and hired Petrino!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Eh... would be more confident if we already had some new coordinators hired to help out with this, hopefully Taggart is going after BCS level talent and not going after Sun Belt level talent that he was eye balling while at WKU.

I've got a couple new avatars for you Bubba Bull. Since you've been all doom and gloom lately

Debbie_Downer.jpg or how about eeyore61_5881.jpg

Edited by Hem