• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Randy is not listed on the TCU coaches page. http://insidetcuathletics.com/football/staff/ This was being pointed out on a Razorbacks blog. Where they are posting about their new hire hopes. http://woopig.net/board/index.php?topic=80571.1550

Thought this might be pertinent here.... Shannon was removed as a coach from TCU's website yesterday,

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Randy is not listed on the TCU coaches page. http://insidetcuathletics.com/football/staff/ This was being pointed out on a Razorbacks blog. Where they are posting about their new hire hopes. http://woopig.net/board/index.php?topic=80571.1550

Thought this might be pertinent here.... Shannon was removed as a coach from TCU's website yesterday,

Interesting.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Good find.... I'm originally from Arkansas and can tell you a guy from Miami will not be happy for long in Fayetville.... Beautiful state, but horrible place to live IMO

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Oh man, I hope that's not just coincidence! If he goes to that hell hole Arkansas, I will be severely dissapointed.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Arkansas would want a hot coach -not to the ladies, though. :roflmao:

I don't see how Shannon would fit in as a head coach for them. He couldn't do it in Miami, so I don't see how he could make it work there. And he's pretty cold as a head coach right now, in my opinion.

He belongs at USF!

What I really am optimistic about is that we haven't had news that WKU's defensive coordinator is coming to USF. Amen to that!

There must be a bigger fish on the line. :GoBulls:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442

I don't see how Shannon would fit in as a head coach for them. He couldn't do it in Miami, so I don't see how he could make it work there. And he's pretty cold as a head coach right now, in my opinion.

He belongs at USF!

What I really am optimistic about is that we haven't had news that WKU's defensive coordinator is coming to USF. Amen to that!

Um... Ark already has a HC.... Shannon would have been their DC just as he would be out DC.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Okay... I thought they were going to fire the new guy they got. Haven't caught up with the Hogs lately.

Well, if it's a DC job, I don't see how USF wouldn't be a better job! I fee much better about it now.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Okay... I thought they were going to fire the new guy they got. Haven't caught up with the Hogs lately.

Well, if it's a DC job, I don't see how USF wouldn't be a better job! I fee much better about it now.

How would the USF DC job be better than almost any SEC DC job? SEC generally rules the roost when it comes to defense. I'm sure he'd love to come back "home" to Florida and he's very familiar with recruiting the area, but our advantages end there. We can't compete with Arkansas when it comes to facilities, pay, conference stability, and professional opportunities. Kids just want to play in the SEC. I'm more worried about it since they haven't named a DC yet.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

He belongs at USF!

Um... Ark already has a HC.... Shannon would have been their DC just as he would be out DC.

No, Bielema already brought Ash with him from Wisconsin to fill the DC role. Speculation was about Shannon taking a LB/Asst HC role.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044

Surely we could pay a DC/assistant HC more than Arky would pay for a LB coach... FML

Doug Woolard dropped the ball if this happened. He needs to give Tag some more help here. to complete the staff. We're saving nearly $900K a season with Tags salary vs Holtz (and **** this notion that the 500K for Skip should inhibit Tag's staff. If anything 2/5 of that should come directly from Woolard for adding two years to Holtz's contract.). We couldn't squeeze out an extra 1-200K for Shannon?