• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart named USF coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sorry but he needs to get here ASAP and start recruiting for us and forming a staff. It is not classless, he has a different job now and he's being paid over a million a year to do it.

His getting here now versus in 2 weeks translates into how many more wins for USF next season? I bet, none.

His getting here now versus 2 weeks from now should translate into better recruits.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sorry but he needs to get here ASAP and start recruiting for us and forming a staff. It is not classless, he has a different job now and he's being paid over a million a year to do it.

His getting here now versus in 2 weeks translates into how many more wins for USF next season? I bet, none.

His getting here now versus 2 weeks from now should translate into better recruits.

And keeping the ones we have

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

And keeping the ones we have

I understand that we should stand by our offers, but you have to wonder if some of the commits would fit in the new system.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Are some of these recruits we're waiting on worthy of our new coach?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

Let's be real here... One of the things we need is a culture change. I think Holtz was a great guy, but these last couple seasons have really taken a toll on the team and the fans. Winning is most important, but let's be honest- we are losing a number of important seniors. I don't expect 9-3 next year, but I do expect positive growth year to year. Willie is going to come in here and recruit his tail off and change the culture of this team. I think the fact that Arky and Wisconsin interviewed him should say a lot to our negative Nancy's as well.

I find the bolded part above kind of hilarious-- one of the things Holtz constantly blathered on about was changing the culture of the program. WELL- let's just say mission accomplished--- we went from a winning culture and solid defense (something most people don't try to change) to a losing program with a porous defense.

So yeah-- I guess we need a culture change BACK to what we had before.

Yeah--- I know- we have some brilliant posters on here about to tell me that CJL's culture wasn't cutting it and getting us "to the next level". So they bring in a guy who completely destroys all the good things we had and somehow that was supposed to improve things? Everytime I heard him say crap about changing the culture of the team I was pissed off-- cuz it is such an asinine thing to say about a program that was better than the one he came from. Sure-- the program needed a few tweaks. It didn't need an entire facelift.

So let's hope we get a level headed approach from CWT--- that he coaches well and inspires the team. That he gets the best out of his team and brings back the winning attitude to USF football. I don't know exactly how long it will take to correct this situation but I will be amazed if he does any worse than what the last staff did. I'm not talking so much about record as I am effort and making strategic decisions at key moments. If we ever have another coach who kicks a #@*&@# field goal when we are down by 4 scores again -- I might just spontaneously combust in the stands.

USF football-- it can only get better, right?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

The worst part of all of this is that we have to wait until September to see our Bulls play again. At least I am now looking forward to the next game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If anyone wants to watch the WKU-UK game...http://espn.go.com/w...spn3/id/560258/

The teams had similar talent though with an edge to UK. The difference was coaching. You should also watch them play at Alabama this year. Lost 31-0 but it was much closer than that.

What is impressing is to see how each year WKU got better the first year with CWT they lost 63-28, the next year lost 14 to 3...

I think this was a solid hire.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Need to put a mean streak into OL, they have it in 'em!

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Tony Dungy â€@TonyDungy

@Golfguru54 USF new coach Willie Taggart is going to be FANTASTIC. Got to visit with him yesterday and came away super impressed!

I'll take his recommendation over anyones!

So, Dungy was asked about coaching the Bulls when Leavitt was let go and then again when Holtz was fired. He declined, but was involved in interviewing. I guess that was part of the reason Woolard didn't need a search firm

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I don't know if Dungy was asked to coach or to help find a coach. I think the football world would be turned on its ear if Dungy took the USF job, or any college job. Everyone expects him to either stay retired or take over an NFL team.